Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hugs For The Private People

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hugs For The Private People

Hi all,

Not everyone posts threads or talks much about what they are going through. Many of us will know people who we talk to on PM who are going through very tough times. Some don't have reassurance seeking patterns, may be too afraid to post for various reasons, worry about triggering others or just prefer to keep things between friends. I think it's important they still know we care even if they talk to us or not.

I know, and have known people, on here who have gone through some terrible life events or are struggling very badly and I'm sure many of us do. We won't know who they are, only those they talk to will, and whilst I try to reassure on PM I don't want them to think they are alone the rest of the time so I'm setting this here for anonymous hugging of those that need it. Feel free to us it if you wish.

To my friends, past & present, who are in need of these. Keep going, things will get better.

Re: Hugs For The Private People

You make an excellent point. Adding my hugs to yours

Thank you Terry. I add my hugsxx

It sometimes actually makes me quite sad when a new poster joins the forum. They politely introduce themselves, no screaming ' help my penis is dropping off ' or ' my skin is turning into bark, is this swamp tree fever?' . And most of the time there are few or no replies, apart from the automated welcome. These are people that need help but a lot of other posters are taking the piss out of the not so subtle forum members than help the newbies.
    Lately I reckon I've spotted 2 trolls. The phrase ' groinal responses ' appeared very trollish.
    Anyway for what it's worth I think the rash ( pun intended ) of skin cancer posts is because it's summer and folks have taken their cardies off simple!
    I worry about the newbies, although I'm mad as a hatter, I have empathy, and it seems to me newbies are reading the more argumentative threads and thinking sod this I'm off.
    Probably talking out my arse here but hey ho.
    Thank you

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Good heavens that's a long post from me

A lovely idea Terry. As usual, very thoughtful of you. x

Nice one Terry!

Here is one from me.

Thanks everyone. I hope anyone who wants to send a secret hug in public, or just show anyone people do care, will use this thread if they wish too.

Phuzella, yeah that's like a life story of a post for you!!!

You aren't talking out of your seeing the arguments or harsher stuff as people have become frustrated must certainly put some off as they must wonder what they joined. Even more established members leave citing it.

And I know what you mean about some joining up. I find myself suspicious of new members who post about HIV/STI's and don't mention their anxiety as it feels more like "I'm anxious because I made a mistake" and experiencing normal anxiety rather than an anxiety disorder. I tend not to post on those now, before then I was posting about whether they were better served on a forum for sexual health. And they tend to never come back either.

The intros board is something I've thought the same about. Some members do more welcoming but I'm guilty of not doing much on there like many. I'm not sure how it gets solved as it's a group thing really to me so one person or a few don't feel they have to do it all. It's good we have the auto response otherwise it would look very bad.

But I think if my penis was dropping off, I would be doing some screaming too!

Nice post Terry, thanks for it.

Thanks Alma

For everyone!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information