Thread: head feels twisted - please help

Question head feels twisted - please help

Please can someone help me.

My symptoms are getting worse and am convinced there is something seriously wrong with me.

My head feels like it is twisted. I know it sounds daft - but it is really scaring me. It is really hard to explain. As I am sat here now my head doesnt feel right - like it is moving inside. Can anyone relate or know what it could be???

Please help???

Re: head feels twisted - please help

Wow, I have the exact same thing. Its a terrible feeling. I have described it as like a snake moving through my head. I am not sure what it is, but I assume it has to do with the tension we probably feel in our heads. I am not really sure what it is, but sometimes it helps to know you are not alone in feeling something.... What are the chances that something would be seriously wrong with both of us? It must be just another anxiety symptom.

-- Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. Its so good to know I am not alone.

I had a MRI scan last year for headaches - and everything was fine.

It is just so frightening when it happens....I think the worse....must be a blood clot etc etc etc....which makes it even worse.

I am under a great deal of stress at the moment and trying my best to carry on as 'normal'. My shoulders and neck are really tense so could it be the muscles in my head that are spasming etc?????

That is actually exactly what I am assuming it is also... muscle spasms. I seriously can relate to that feeling of panic though. Logically we know it must be anxiety related... but that does not always help. It is such a terrifying feeling that logic just goes out the window. The best thing that I find is distractions.

-- Anonymous

A good neck/back massage will really help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had the same thing for years, possibly worse. My head twists in spiral way, Back of head, Clock wise direction, causing my whole my body to re-align accordingly. I tried every possible thing on the planet, massages, yoga, chi kung, nutrition, etc.

Very annoying, It feels as if I constantly want to straight out my body. The twists configuration change according to what I wear, even color. Also, strong emotions and thoughts trigger the twists in spiral motions.

I wonder how you are doing right now and if you found a relief or cure.

Thread Information