Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First timer in the forum,would love a tip or two.

First timer in the forum,would love a tip or two.

Hi, This is my first time posting in the forum but have been using the chat room since January and think its been a great help for myself and im sure for others. Being a anxiety sufferer myself and having tried many ways of curing myself i would love to know what methods suffers do to help them relax in those high anxiety times.It would be interesting to exchange ideas. Thanks.ps, ive tried Hypnotherapy, cbt, relaxation tapes, deep breathing, tai chi,affimations, creative visualisation tapes which have all helped to an extent, anymore ideas? Thanks again.chrisx.

Hi Chris

Welcome to forum - are you chris chris with the picture on the site?

You have tried a lot of stuff, what has helped you the most. to be honest meds help me the most.......

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Hi Chris

Got you on the forum at last eh?[^]

Good to talk to you tonight and I hope you stick around to see if we can help you.
    [:P]

See you in chat soon mate.

xxx

Nicola

Hi Chris,

For those of us who don't go to chat very much can you tell us a bit more about what makes you anxious and your current recovery journey ..

Thanks

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

hi Chris,

Meds have helped me loads!!

If you don't want to go on meds - have you tried essential oils? They really help take the edge off my anxiety.

Sarah

Hi Chris

Pleased you have posted and hope we can help you get through this.

You need to start believe that you can get through this that is what my CBT taught me and that i wasnt alone then joining the site made me understand i wasnt.

We have all tried different methods and each of us suits and responds to different ones.

It just takes time and a lot of hard work and patience but you will get through it mate.

Love Sal xxxxx

Hi Chris, wow you have tried loads of alternative therapies.

In short experience of aniety I had to come realise that it wasn't going to hurt me or anything bad to me, so now when it does appear it's ugly head I get real angry with it for some reason and this helps a lot.

I also take medication, propanonol (i know you take this too) and also citalopram which i must say has taken 99% of my anxiety away.

Nice to see you here Tara x

hiya chris

i think that meditation is a great way to calm you down. just sit on a chair with the blinds/curtains pulled, candle light and some smellies. this calms me down! but with out the candles coz my mum wont let me but it would help!

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

hello chris,good to see you on the forum.

theres lots of great advice on here so i hope you might find a method that will help you.

im still seeing what can help me,treatment in the past for myself has also been partially successsful , i cant recommend another method at the mo,i hope you find one though

all the best
    paul

Hi Emily , Thank you for your post. It is me, Chris from the chat room. I forgot to mention the meds as i am on them too and would say they are the greatest help as well as my relaxation tapes which when i notice im tense and anxious help alot. All the others help too and seem to go through phases as to what i use to bring down my anxiety. Regards Chris
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Chris

Welcome to forum - are you chris chris with the picture on the site?

You have tried a lot of stuff, what has helped you the most. to be honest meds help me the most.......

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

<div align="right">Originally posted by twister - 10 November 2004 : 22:51:10</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information