Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First timer in the forum,would love a tip or two.

Hi Nic, Thought id give it a go and thank you for a great site xxx, Chris.
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Chris

Got you on the forum at last eh?[^]

Good to talk to you tonight and I hope you stick around to see if we can help you.
    [:P]

See you in chat soon mate.

xxx

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 10 November 2004 : 22:52:38</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi Meg Thank you for your post and hope you are well. If recently finnished cbt which i found a great help esspecially when it comes to facing my fears which are mainly to do with the unknown, ie dying and not knowing what happens next. Also i find my anxiety rises when im in stressful situations which used to trigger off my panic attacks. Im currently relaying on my relaxation tapes and meds to help me with this and have not had a panic attack for months now. The only real worry i have is that if i decide to stop my meds it may start this horrible circle again, Regards, Chris.
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Chris,

For those of us who don't go to chat very much can you tell us a bit more about what makes you anxious and your current recovery journey ..

Thanks

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 10 November 2004 : 23:01:32</div id="right">

Hi Sarah, Hope you are well and thank you for the post. I forgot to mention i am on meds too, propanalol and citripam which im happyish taking them but know i cant take them all my life. I find the relaxation tapes really good and may burn some oils in my room to add to relaxation mood im trying to achive. What oils would you suggest? regards Chris.
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi Chris,

Meds have helped me loads!!

If you don't want to go on meds - have you tried essential oils? They really help take the edge off my anxiety.

Sarah

<div align="right">Originally posted by seh1980 - 10 November 2004 : 23:08:45</div id="right">

Hi Sal, hope you are well and thank yu for your post. I tottally agree with you there.CBT has also helped me to realise my thinking methods were wrong and have noticed a massive improvement in moving forward and you are also right in saying we are not alone.We all go through ups and downs and its great we can help each other in getting better. Thanks for your support and you know im here to try and help too, Chrisxxx
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Chris

Pleased you have posted and hope we can help you get through this.

You need to start believe that you can get through this that is what my CBT taught me and that i wasnt alone then joining the site made me understand i wasnt.

We have all tried different methods and each of us suits and responds to different ones.

It just takes time and a lot of hard work and patience but you will get through it mate.

Love Sal xxxxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by sal - 11 November 2004 : 00:05:17</div id="right">

Hi Tara Thank for your reply and hope you are well. ive tried as much as i could find to help and still would recommend them all and go through phases as to what method to you relaxation tapes have done wonders in helping me to relax and also the meds, which are exactly the same as yours and would say they have taken alot of my anxity away. I think the meds are great in giving us the time to re-adjust our thinking pattens and hope that once we take them away we have learnt to feel relaxed and not fearful without them, Great to hear from you too. Chrisxx
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Chris, wow you have tried loads of alternative therapies.

In short experience of aniety I had to come realise that it wasn't going to hurt me or anything bad to me, so now when it does appear it's ugly head I get real angry with it for some reason and this helps a lot.

I also take medication, propanonol (i know you take this too) and also citalopram which i must say has taken 99% of my anxiety away.

Nice to see you here Tara x

<div align="right">Originally posted by tara - 11 November 2004 : 08:54:53</div id="right">

Hi Scooter girl, thanks for your reply and hope you are well. I will definatly try that. What smellies do you think are nice? Regards Chris.
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hiya chris

i think that meditation is a great way to calm you down. just sit on a chair with the blinds/curtains pulled, candle light and some smellies. this calms me down! but with out the candles coz my mum wont let me but it would help!

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

<div align="right">Originally posted by Scooter Girl - 11 November 2004 : 15:05:51</div id="right">

Hi Paul , thanks for your post and hope you are well. I will take a look at the advice on here and see what else is recommended. I have tried quite abit but would say the meds and relaxation tapes are helping the most at the momment although all the others are good but need to be doing them more to say wheather they work or not. Take care, Chris.
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hello chris,good to see you on the forum.

theres lots of great advice on here so i hope you might find a method that will help you.

im still seeing what can help me,treatment in the past for myself has also been partially successsful , i cant recommend another method at the mo,i hope you find one though

all the best
    paul

<div align="right">Originally posted by paul - 11 November 2004 : 15:48:55</div id="right">

Chris - have a look at these ...

Thoughts : Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective
    First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Glad you're doing better.

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hiya Chris

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear that you're suffering from anxiety but with a little work and a lot of patience things do get better, even if it doesn't seem like it at the moment. Apart from all the things already listed my recommendation would be exercise. Luckily I have a big dog that needs lots of walking and I always feel great after I've come back from a fast trot out

Best wishes, Jo x

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

Hi Chris,

I'm new here too! I was interested to know what if any help hypnotherapy was as I was considering it. My mum's not keen, she thinks the devil can get to your soul when your in an hypnotic state but that's just her! I've suffered with panic attacks for the last few months, have managed to give up the booze which has helped abit but still feeling ****ty and convinced I'm on the edge of death but apart from that everythings dandy!

Any info would be great

Stay smiling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information