Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First timer in the forum,would love a tip or two.

Hi there Jo Jo, Thank you for your reply and hope you are well.
    I tottally agree that exercise is great but i seem to not be able to get motivated nowadays although i do manage to walk alot now that ive taken up golf and worked out i walked 4 miles the last time i played. Maybe ill try to play more often as i do feel better once i know ive exercised. Having a dog and walking sounds good and would love a dog myself. Ive considered that many times but seem to never be able to decide which dog to get and the responsiblity of having one makes me think. Regards, Chris
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hiya Chris

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear that you're suffering from anxiety but with a little work and a lot of patience things do get better, even if it doesn't seem like it at the moment. Apart from all the things already listed my recommendation would be exercise. Luckily I have a big dog that needs lots of walking and I always feel great after I've come back from a fast trot out

Best wishes, Jo x

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

<div align="right">Originally posted by jo-jo - 17 November 2004 : 23:16:50</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi Loopy Lou.Thank you for your reply and hope you are well,
    To be honest i tryed hypnotherapy over 10 years ago when i had my first spout of anxiety and thought it was brilliant but must advice you to get to the appointment early as i found if i rushed to get there i found it hard to relax and let go of tension. When i arrived early for the oppointments i was more prepared to let go and relax as hypnotherapy works better when you can let go of your tension. I would also recommend that go to someone that is recommended or someone that is fully qualified as it is a big market and you do get chancers out there that dont really know what they are doing.As a whole i feel that hypnotherapy is good as long as you feel comfortabe with the person and as long as you let yourself relax when your in the chair.I'm not sure about the devil comming out of you though! although i can understand what your mum is saying. But in my experiance hypnotherapy doesnt work like that. I gave up drinking altogether too and although you feel ****ty now it does pass. regards, Chris.
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Chris,

I'm new here too! I was interested to know what if any help hypnotherapy was as I was considering it. My mum's not keen, she thinks the devil can get to your soul when your in an hypnotic state but that's just her! I've suffered with panic attacks for the last few months, have managed to give up the booze which has helped abit but still feeling ****ty and convinced I'm on the edge of death but apart from that everythings dandy!

Any info would be great

Stay smiling

<div align="right">Originally posted by LoopyLou - 18 November 2004 : 22:18:21</div id="right">

Hi Meg ive read the Thoughts one and thought it was an exellent peice of info, im gonna read the first steps next,thank you, Chris.
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Chris - have a look at these ...

Thoughts : Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective
    First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Glad you're doing better.

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 13 November 2004 : 20:54:37</div id="right">

Hi Chris, I have just got myself a dog a 9 week old springer spanial lol

Yeah I know the maddest dog you can get lol but I tell you when you see their little faces in the morning aww it's just lovely

Shes having her last injections tomorrow and then I can start taking her out and I am looking forward to this and I've got to do it and theres no excuses because she needs the exercise.

She keeps my really occupied and busy and when shes being a good girl lol shes so loving and sweet.

I really think that having a dog is wonderful therapy and great company thats not to say that it's been plain sailing lol at the moment shes got it into her head that anything within her reach is bitable and chewable, but thats funny too as she'll bring in the most funny objects.

It's worth considering have a think about it....Tara x

Hi Tara, hope you are well. I'e been thinking of getting a dog for a while now, esspecailly ever since my work partners bought one, he's got a staff bull terrier, nice dog but very hypoactive, he likes chewing things too, my clothes especially. I make sure when i visit my work partners house that i wear clothes i dont really like. But as a whole it must be great having a dog, is it hard to house train them? And if they want to go for a poo how do you teach them to go outside or even better use the toilet lol, Chrisx x. ps, my friends dog is 2 years old now and still wees on the floor sometimes, pps he does clean it up though (my friend), not the dog! xx
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Chris, I have just got myself a dog a 9 week old springer spanial lol

Yeah I know the maddest dog you can get lol but I tell you when you see their little faces in the morning aww it's just lovely

Shes having her last injections tomorrow and then I can start taking her out and I am looking forward to this and I've got to do it and theres no excuses because she needs the exercise.

She keeps my really occupied and busy and when shes being a good girl lol shes so loving and sweet.

I really think that having a dog is wonderful therapy and great company thats not to say that it's been plain sailing lol at the moment shes got it into her head that anything within her reach is bitable and chewable, but thats funny too as she'll bring in the most funny objects.

It's worth considering have a think about it....Tara x

<div align="right">Originally posted by tara - 21 November 2004 : 08:48:49</div id="right">

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information