Thread: Blue Badge

Blue Badge

I am so happy, got my blue parking badge in the post on saturday morning, i only applied 2 weeks ago and thought i would be waiting ages. It has beem so long since my family has been able to go anywhere without military precission with regards to parking close to the place we are visiting and i have lost count off the times we have driven round and round looking for a parking space untill i have become so anxious my husband has had to just bring me home and has caused many an argument. We have been out nearly all weekend and took our girls to the cinema and art gallery on saturday and the garden centre and a fun run on sunday. I cant believe how much of a relief and how liberating it is just to have that comfort zone to get back to, but i know what Meg said when i met her and i will try not to become dependent on it and use it as a crutch instead of a helping hand to move forward, But for now i am just enjoying the freedom it brings .

Jacq x

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Re: Blue Badge

Oh smashing Jacq.

Funnily enough now you have it and know you have easier parking it takes some of the tension away.

Less tension = less anxiety = feel stronger = feel like trying more things!!

All good stuff!

Piglet

Jacq I am so happy that you got it

I applied for mine on 10th April and have heard nothing. I've phoned 3 times and last week they said they couldn't even find my application.

I waited till it was nearly 10pm on Saturday night so that I could nip into Tesco to get some more pics taken as I had sent the last pic I had with my last application.

I know I will get turned down as I got turned down twice before. However I will appeal. I have been told it can take up to 8wks for an application to go through and then a further 8wks to go to appeal. I'm not a happy bunny as like you I am just so stuck when it comes to going out and parking.

I'm so unhappy and upset right now. I just got a reply from my application with a letter saying I had to go for an assessment. Now I knew this would most likely happen as I am aware it's hard to get a blue badge for agoraphobia. However the appointment they have given me is not even in the town I live in, it's about half an hours drive away and I just can't get there. I phoned the council to try and see if there was any way of seeing someone nearer as on the main website it gives an address of a health clinic near to me for assessments, but apparently they have centralised their centres and it's either there or nowhere. I've had to cancel my application now and I'm so upset as I was clinging to the hope that I might be able to get somewhere with it all this time. I was also told it's highly unlikely I would get a blue badge for agoraphobia too.

Thread Information