Thread: Meds Inducing PA?

1. Meds Inducing PA?

A few years back my doc put me on bupropion/Wellbutrin for depresion. When I started having problems, severe panic attacks if I forgot to take my meds or took them too late in the day, my doc just put me on anti-seizure meds which did not help at all. I actually spent about a week in bed with severe anxiety until the med withdrawal symptoms stopped.

I've been leery of depression/anxiety meds ever since but lately things are getting pretty bad and I'm thinking of talking to a doctor about Lexapro. Has anyone had problems with withdrawal symptoms or PA while on Lexapro?

Re: Meds Inducing PA?

I took Lexapro about a year-2years ago for my panic disorder and it helped me a lot... as for the withdrawl symptoms, I was weaned off of it very very slowly and therefore didn't experience bad symptoms... I do remember feeling a little sick when I went off of it and had headaches, but that wasn't to bad... the only reason the feeling sick part was so bad for me is because I am emetophobic...

the reason I was so careful about weaning off of it is because my sister was on paxil and our physician told her she could stop taking it and she stopped cold turkey and ended up pretty much going crazy... it was the scariest month... she was in and out of the hospital because she would go through horrible times where she would scream and say that there was evil in her.. it was horrible and extremely scary... and after seeing that I am VERY VERY careful about weaning off meds...

I am on prozac now and have been on and off of it for the past couple of years... we were trying to get pregnant and thought that I should be off of all my meds, but 3 months after i'm off, my panic attacks become out of control... so it looks like i'm stuck on meds...

good luck!

Re: Meds Inducing PA?

Just to clear things up for us UK people, Lexapro is known as Escitalopram in the UK

Thread Information