Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiya Guys!

Hiya Guys!

This website is really good

Yes, I would say that you do have OCD. It seems that you are obsessed and repulsed by dirt. Is there any reason for this?

Sarah

Hi OCD Girl

Yes, I'd say you have a bit of OCD, but not a too bad case.
    You sound just a bit wound-up about things, and life in general.
    Join the club.
    For people like us who are a bit different from the norm, life can be a real struggle.
    But hey, you're in the right place, cos we love you
    I'd really like to meet you to see if you're as bad as you believe. I bet you're not. I bet you are really nice AND pretty too.
    But anyway, even if you're not, even if you look like the back end of a bus, that doesn't matter. What you are inside is what matters. And you sound nice. Just need someone to be your friend and help you find out how to make life a bit more enjoyable.
    Well, like I say, you've found the right place here.
    We love to have you around, and keep talking on here. You'll soon find you start to feel a lot better.
    Good luck with everything, and stay in touch.

Marc

Hello,

Yes, it would seem that your psychiatrists diagnosis is spot on.

My daughter also has OCD her compulsions being with counting in even numbers, doing certain rituals an even number of times, repeating phrases, praying and all done to prevent bad things happening.

Are you on any medication?

Kate x

hi if you private message me your email address i have a very informative three page article on ocd out of heres health magazine i would be only too glad to email it to you (or anyone else who would like to see it)
    x david

Dave ,

Email to Nic too and she can use/ link to it . That way everyone can benefit .

Many thanks

OCD girl -
    You do have OCD tendancies and symptoms but not that severe

*if it gets dirty again i feel the need to do it again sometime later* This is encouraging - the if it gets dirty .

Some OCD woud redo it anyway and the 'sometime later' is also good as often it would have to be immediate .

Some of your compulsions are more vigorous ..

what help have you received so far and have you read much on OCD self help ?

What support do you have at home ?

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hiya

I replied to you other post as well but yes I agree that it does sound like OCD and I will let you know what more info I can put on the site to help you and others.

Nicola

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi OCD Girl

Yes, I'd say you have a bit of OCD, but not a too bad case.
    You sound just a bit wound-up about things, and life in general.
    Join the club.
    For people like us who are a bit different from the norm, life can be a real struggle.
    But hey, you're in the right place, cos we love you
    I'd really like to meet you to see if you're as bad as you believe. I bet you're not. I bet you are really nice AND pretty too.
    But anyway, even if you're not, even if you look like the back end of a bus, that doesn't matter. What you are inside is what matters. And you sound nice. Just need someone to be your friend and help you find out how to make life a bit more enjoyable.
    Well, like I say, you've found the right place here.
    We love to have you around, and keep talking on here. You'll soon find you start to feel a lot better.
    Good luck with everything, and stay in touch.

Marc

<div align="right">Originally posted by Marc - 12 November 2004 : 18:35:10</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hiya Sarah, I dont really know why i am obsessed with dirt. Obviously no one likes things to be dirty but im fixated with keepiong things clean.
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Yes, I would say that you do have OCD. It seems that you are obsessed and repulsed by dirt. Is there any reason for this?

Sarah

<div align="right">Originally posted by seh1980 - 12 November 2004 : 17:56:05</div id="right">

Hello Kate [^]Yes im on a medication called Sertraline tablets. x
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hello,

Yes, it would seem that your psychiatrists diagnosis is spot on.

My daughter also has OCD her compulsions being with counting in even numbers, doing certain rituals an even number of times, repeating phrases, praying and all done to prevent bad things happening.

Are you on any medication?

Kate x

<div align="right">Originally posted by kate - 12 November 2004 : 19:08:15</div id="right">

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information