Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiya Guys!

hello ocdgirl i have ocd too.i do have some cleaning obbsessions,more to do with my hands as opposed to my flat,its a tip at the best of times lol.i can totally realate to the counting and checking though,four is a number that ive used before,sometimes my number change ,which i suppose shows the whole irrationality of the problem.

also the arrangement of things before i go out have to be a certain way or it wont be right.annoying isnt it?im not on any medication at the moment ,i used to be on anti-deprresants,which apparently can help with ocd too,but im waiting for some other therapy.

have you had any other treatment for ocd?ive had some degree of success in the past,but i still had probs.

anyway if you have any advice it would be appreciated

paul

Hiya Paul Im on sertraline tablets every day which are supposed to help me get better. I was also having Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for a while, but im back on the waiting list for it again.

If you need any advice, tips or just someone to talk to, im here for you! Please do email me at: pinkandollbaby@yahoo.co.uk and ill reply to you.

My advice for now is perhaps you should talk to your doctor/GP and they will discuss what medication you could have, Sertraline is a good choice, cos its not dangerous like for example other medications on the market.

I suggest you do my Therapy for the Mind. If you are feeling angry or agitated lidten to Linkin Parks Hybrid Theory album, its a great way to let off negative thoughts and get the mind storng again. Its like a release. Plus it works for anyone, cos my best mate listens to it to unwind and she calls it her therapy album.
    Please email me though and we can help each other.

Keep in touch from OCD Girl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information