Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Hives Appearing on Body

Random Hives Appearing on Body

Hi

Lately, I have had random Hives appear on various places on my body, but mostly on my upper arms. I actually had one appear on my face today.

By Hives, I mean like Mosquito bites, a sort of flat white round circle that is surrounded by red irritation. See the attached photo for an idea of what I mean.

I am worried because though I am prone to insect bites in the Summer, I have never had them this early, or quite like they are now.

The first I know of one is that I scratch myself, then look at the skin and it's there. The thing is, they go as quickly as they appear.

Has/is anyone else suffered/suffering from anything like this so early in the year ?

Worried it's more serious than just insect bites because of the time of year (as in too early), plus have had them on and off for two months now.

Any comments welcome.

Kind Regards
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Random Hives Appearing on Body

Hi dave,

This is weird I have exactly the same.......... mine are on my arms , also 1 on my tummy and also some round my torso at the waist.
    They r really itchy cant stop scratching , scratched so much tht they r actually scabbing a bit now, I dont know what they are, ive not been near any long grass etc thought it was maybe related to my hayfever as my eyes have been quite itchy. I would go to my doc but i am trying to stay away, suppose we could ask the pharmacist though. What do you think??

shirley

Shirley

Sorry you have it too, but it's sort of reassuring, if you know what I mean !

I have had itchy eyes too now I think about it, but I haven't suffered from Hayfever for years - and isn't it too early ?

I sometimes get them on my torso too.

I have just bough some one-a-day antihistamine, I am going to start taking them and see what happens. In the mean time, Savlon seems to help.

Dave

Hi again,

Its good to know your not suffering alone, the hayfever season has started really early this year.
    People that haven't suffered from it are getting it for the 1st time.......ive never suffered for a while but this yr is a different story, its murder wearing my contacts as well because of the itchy eyes!!!
    I have been using germolene it helps a bit but then comes back i think i'll definately ask my pharmacist about an anti histamine as well ,as im only taking eye drops at the mo.
    I'll let you know how it goes and in the meantime we'll try not to scratch......impossible i know

take care
    shirley

Wow I get these too but just the random odd 1 that appears on my arms/hands/legs from time to time!

I can tell you exactly what they are, the are called urticaria (I think that’s how you spell it lol). I get them loads and they got so bad once that the doctor sent me to see a dermatologist.

After loads of tests it was put down to extreme stress he explained to me that it was a bit like a cold-sores and ulcers, which if we get an over load of stress then this can cause an auto immune response.

So I have lived with this for the past 9 years there are things that can make it more bearable.

The best way to test to see if you suffer with this condition is the outer arm test, run your finger nail on you arm and wait a few seconds if the area turns white (like a tract mark were your nail has been) then there is a strong possibility that you suffer with the condition.

Yet another part of stress, it is a surge of histamine into the blood stream non life threatening just very itchy and a bit ugly if like me you get them on your face.

Hope this helps!

Sam xx

Hey Sam

I tried the finger nail test and the area did turn white. Strange though I have taken an antihistamine not long ago !

I looked at pictures of Urticaria and it seems more of a severe rash. Mine are always single and circular.

Thanks for the info though, it really helps.

Who needs this stress stuff huh ?

Thanks again
    Dave
    Last edited by djm; 22-05-07 at 20:45.

Mine went red, not white but I still get the little blighters lol

Hi Dave,

My daughter sufferd pa, anxiety form a very early age ( 3 years)

She had hives on and off for a long time.One would pop up then go, then 3 would pop up and then go. The gp said it was all to do with anxiety, mmm very strange, but anxiety has some very strange symptoms.

Calamine lotion was given just to take the ich away, because by daughter hive,s never seem to stay for long, this treatment did the trick, used lots of the stuff.

She has not had hives in a long time, she is nearly 14 now and apart from her blip last year she is doing very, very well, regarding anxiety, ohh I'm soo proud of her.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX
    Last edited by jill; 23-05-07 at 09:52. Reason: PUT SOMETHIG IN

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hi,

I get hives from allergic reactions to foods that I sometimes eat and to meds but mine are much bigger and in clumps. My son also had hives when he wore wool for the first time (didn't realize he was allergic) and they were as big as my hand on him. Now I do have anxiety but as I know I don't think I've had them from anxiety yet. Mine don't look like that photo though they are so much bigger. Odd that hives from other causes can look so different don't you think?

Laura

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information