Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood test result showing elevated alt liver results

Blood test result showing elevated alt liver results

Hi there

About 3 weeks ago I started having really itchy feet and felt sunburnt

2 weeks ago I came out in a rash all over my arms and legs which I thought was slapped cheek disease as my son had it 3 weeks before

Just had my bloods taken and all ok apart from elevated liver alt enzymes

Ive still got burning feet and hands wonder what's going on ��

Doc said could be due to the virus or maybe too much alcohol over the weekend she has given me more bloods to go for and arranged a scan just incase they haven't gone down

Anyone else had these on a blood test and then they have gone back to normal?

Really worried, thankyou
    Last edited by jaynehal; 03-08-17 at 14:34.

Re: Blood test result showing elevated alt liver results

Hello,

Known many many people who have a "blip" in their results, get freaked out, and then next time they're tested it's completely fine. Thinking about it, I've not known anyone who hasn't had a back-to-normal result, apart from people I know with full on alcohol problems (and I mean full on - not just had a few drinks and overdone it of a weekend).

I have had elevated ALT just after a virus (in my case, a stomach bug), and my doctor said that is not unusual if your body has been fighting something, which it sounds like yours has. Mine went back to normal by the next time I had routine bloodwork done.

Thanks for the replys, hope it is better next time she has told me to go back next week for the bloods

Fatty liver does normally have any symptoms; although there are exceptions. But FL is reversable; and if that is what it is it will return to normal with self dicipline.

Hi You may have noticd some posts by myself in the last few weeks. I had some bloods done for burning/tingling handsa nd feet and they came back with an elevated liver enzyme - alkaline phosphtase. I went into meltdown. I had to have another bloodtest a month later and it had gone down slightly. My Gp booked me in for a scan as she thought I might have gall stones. the scan was clear except for a slightly fatty liver - non alcoholic in my case as I don't drink. She said they see it a lot - usually when a scan has been done for something else. there is nothing you can do but check your fat intake and exercise. I have just had bloods sone again and got the results yesterday - virtually back down in normal range and GP doesn't want to do any more tests. I think you will find some enzymes are often raised for no sinister reason whatsoever. they may well be back to normal next time.

i'm familiar to this. been having fluctuating alt liver mark for 2 years. it's never goes 3x the limit but it bothered me so much that my GP booked me for abdominal scan and resulted is mildly fatty liver.

if GP isn't worried, you shall not

Thankyou for the replys, Im hoping the burning hands and feet are just the virus my so. Had three weeks ago he had slapped cheek and I'm pretty sure ive got it, both docs seem to think it could be viral but I'm always worrying

I've also had elevated liver enzymes during a viral infection, it's pretty normal. Also some meds (like painkillers) can make it rise a little, there are many things that can pottentially affect those numbers in a blood test. You're okay!

Hi everyone

Thanks for the comments💗

Ive found out today my alt 113 is this very high and do you think it could be the virus causing this reading

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information