Thread: Feel so faint

Feel so faint

Hi,
    I have been suffering from anxiety for years and have had lots of tests over the years which have all come back ok. I have always had palpations, missed beats and panic attacks. But since last Tuesday I have felt really ill my legs are heavy and i struggle to walk upstairs my arms feel like lead, I went to see my doctor yesterday as i told him how i feel and have been having dizzy spells he said my bp was fine and no infection in my ears he just said i need to stop worrying about my health and heart as thats my main fear. Can i really feel this bad from anxiety? My husband said i'm probably run down. I looked online and it says it can be a sign of a blood clot so i'' so scared that my doctor is just putting this down to anxiety. Someone please reassure me as i'm petrified that i have something bad. I just keep feeling so faint as though i will pass out.

Re: Feel so faint

Quote Originally Posted by bashley View Post
    Can i really feel this bad from anxiety?
    Simple answer is yes. One read around the board and you'll see many similar posts. I recall reading about a woman so severely affected by anxiety that she was bedridden for months. She could barely get out of bed to go to the bathroom! All anxiety as tests revealed nothing physical. She eventually sought help and with meds was starting to function again.

Heck, I don't suffer with anxiety but during my wife's illness I was so stressed that I felt like I got hit by a truck most of the time.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information