Thread: Killed a wasp and I feel so terrible about it

Killed a wasp and I feel so terrible about it

I really don't want to become a killer, or kill anything and it worries me so much. I'm scared of wasps and one flew into my room, I went to get bug spray to kill it and then realised what I was doing and didn't kill it. 30 minutes go by and I think it's gone, but it starts buzzing around again and I just spray it...and then it starts looking like it's in pain which was horrible to see and so I squashed it to kill it so it's not suffering anymore.

Why would I do that? Why did I feel the need to kill it, it didn't sting me I just killed it for no reason. What does it mean for me? Does it mean I'm a terrible person that kills things. I feel so awful. Like I can't un do killing it, it was a life that I've taken away by my own hands.

I wish so much that I'd just thought about it and not done it. I dunno what I can really do other than never do it again but I can never take it back.

It makes me realise that I'm actually capable of killing something and that's so terrifying.

Re: Killed a wasp and I feel so terrible about it

I HATE bees and wasps... I have a bit of a phobia as I was stung multiple times by hornets when I stepped on a nest as a child. I've destroyed many a nest and individual insects in my lifetime etc. I understand what you're saying as I'm one to catch a moth or spider and let it outside. I recently hit a poor squirrel (I tried to avoid it but it panicked and ran the wrong way) and I felt awful so I do get it... But bees and wasps? They're nasty and aggressive and frankly hurt like hell when you get stung!

This was a wasp. In our lifetimes we will eliminate many invasive pests... ants and other insects, rodents etc. Just keep your extermination efforts to pests and you'll be fine

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Killed a wasp and I feel so terrible about it

Wasp sprays can be pretty horrible to use. We used them and went back to the rolled up paper. The sprays seem to cause them immense pain and aren't quick.

It doesn't mean you are a terrible person, you just felt guilty for harming it and likely because the method seemed worse than more traditional methods.

It's because you are sensitive. I've been through that with killing anything too. It doesn't mean anything about you and if it did, the majority of the population of the world be the same as you anyway as we all do stuff like this.

Thread Information