Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: General comments

Hi Meg

Managed to get my pack today from the postal depot as they are only open in the morning. Just listened to cd 1 - excellent!
    Thank you so much for putting all this together and letting me be part of it.

Elaine x

Dear Leah

Not sure why you can't reach it.

I've just tried from the link and it seems fine

I'll post it again

www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Anyone else having trouble ?

Meg

Just tried it again and got to the page first time without any problems this time. How odd...

~* Do what you want. Nobody else will do it for you *~

Leah ,

Maybe there was some mainetance going on at the site which meant it was down for a bit.

Being an IT neanderthal I don't do that bit .

Meg

If any active members of this forum do want to buy a set there is a 20% discount if you pay by cheque making it £80.00

Sorry but it's not possible to offer this for credit cards purchases.

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Meg

The CDs are brilliant. I've been so busy over the last few weeks that I haven't listened to them much. I'm my own worst enemy. But things are flaring up a bit, so I'll get stick back in and let you have my feed back, if it's not too late. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Hope you are well

Love

Jules

Jules

Hi, Thanks so much for the CD set, I use it daily. I have bought so many different CD'S Tapes etc on anxiety and relaxing but find the voices put me off a lot. But the voice of Meg and Ruth are comfortable to listen to.I have listened to all the CD's quick and now I am going through them agaon but only a little at a time so I can fully take it all in. I Put the set on my MP3 player so I can listeb abywhere anytime which is a good Idea as they are so compact. The Last CD relaxation with Ruth I find great and realy relaxes me,. I mostly listen to the deep relaxation track, Moving the nind to diferent parts of the body I use this every morning on waking and at night before I go to sleep. Thanks again for the set it has been a big help to me. Take Care. Vernon

I met up with the senior manager of the National Phobic Society last November at the Anxiety Conference that Nic and I attended.

I'd been wanting some independent body who didn't know me or this site to review the CD set and she offered to undertake getting this done.

Here is the review and it will be published in their news bulletin in March.

The set will now go on to be formally reviewed by one of their patron psychiatrists . I do not expect that to be a speedy process.

A donation from each sale will go to Nicola to help run this site.

Overcoming anxiety review:
    By Myrna Rollins

Overcoming Anxiety is an 8 CD set, self-help programme specifically designed to help you manage, cope and overcome anxiety and panic.

The course consists of 7 chapters; one chapter per CD and a relaxation chapter, which is found on the last CD. The course is set out in a progressive order therefore in order to get the most benefit it is helpful to listen to the CD’s in their correct order, one at a time.

Each chapter covers different topic areas relating to panic and anxiety:-

In chapter 1, you will learn all about the background to anxiety and panic and different types of anxiety. You will also learn about recurring themes in anxiety and common symptoms associated with it. The chapter also deals with thoughts and how our thoughts can affect us in our day-to-day lives. A very useful technique documented in this CD is the necessity of journaling, i.e. keeping a note or a record of the thoughts and emotions you are going through which in turn leads to a final section on prognosis of anxiety and panic.

The final section of chapter 1 deals with prognosis, and straight into chapter 2 we are introduced to how we understand and cope with the acute symptoms. It covers what things may trigger our panic or anxiety and the importance of attitude towards panic. It includes a very useful section on what is known as ‘under-reacting’ - which is an effective way of dealing with stress and anxiety. So, rather than over-react at everything, we should ‘under-react’. A useful description of the limbic system (a system of functionally related neural structures in the brain that are involved in emotional behaviour) helps the listener understand the processes the brain goes through during anxiety. The chapter also includes a very informative section on the different types of anxiety, which should be beneficial to all listeners.

Chapter 3 or ‘reality check’ as I describe it, is mainly all about our thoughts and how our perception of events is critically important and not the actual event itself. It provides the listener with some useful pointers such as not telling others or vocalising our negative thoughts as the speaker claims that 95% of our thoughts will never happen, therefore it is important to monitor our negative thoughts and not make them a reality.
    There was a particularly invaluable section on ‘categories of thought’ such as tunnel vision etc. and an effective technique known as ‘step down the ladder’.

Chapter 4 moves on to the more physical element of anxiety and provides the listener with useful ways on how to look after yourself by eating right and how certain food stuffs can actually trigger anxiety. It also deals with sleep problems and includes some useful tips and how to get a good nights sleep. It also covers alternative therapies for coping with anxiety and panic.

Chapter 5 introduces how we can manager our emotions and how the ‘inner critic’ can be trained as well as the ‘mind over matter’ trick. The chapter also includes a useful section on practical steps one can take to improve self-esteem and self-concept. A very informative section is where the speaker talks about and explains in good detail how CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) and psychodynamic therapy work.

Chapter 6 entitled ‘behaviour traits’ deals with obsessiveness, disappointment and being in control amongst others, but a useful tip gathered from this chapter is that it informs the

Hiya Meg,

I am on CD 5 - sorry for lagging behnid a bit.

Review was good wasn't it!! Are you pleased??

Lucky

Hi Lucky,

Yes I am.

It great to have a completely independent review by someone who doesn't know me and I haven't ever spoken to before and a recommendation from the largest overall mental health society.

It really validates the Overcoming Anxiety CD set and helps me to feel that all those hundreds of hours work both in writing it and getting the recording and production done were worth it.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information