Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: General comments

Hi Becci

I can completely understand your thoughts and concerns.

Let me explain how these CD's came about orginally.

Once I recovered from panic, the word got around my local area and I was innundated with calls of people wanting help . The GPs sent people, the local health/beauty salon sent people , the local therapists sent people and I did run a few 'anxiety management' days but by the nature of the beast those I needed to reach most couldn't get to me.

So I wrote help sheets which grew and grew and then I linked up here with Nic and started answering posts and realized that we spent our time repeating ourselves.
    People who are acute do not spend time using search tools , they just want answers and reassurance.

The scale of the problem became all too apparant and it was suggested to me that I convert the fact sheets into chapters and then onto CD's which means its very easy to take in the information as concentration flags when you're acute as you probably know.

I looked round at what other sets were on the market and was pretty disgusted at the one other set from the Uk which has very little content at a premium rate. 2 sets from the US , one is ok but $400.00, the other is rubbish so I set about to do a better job for less.

Yes they did cost me thousands of pounds to produce - its amazing how much studios and editing costs, as well as a package to put it in, and no I haven't made it back but it actually doesn't matter as I know that the contents of each CD is sound and every time I send out a set, I hope I'm doing some good for someone.

If I wanted to make shed loads of money I would be a private CBT therapist.
    I do do emergency visits to those in crisis on occasions - I spent 3 hours with someone I'd never met late the other night but was glad that when I left he was in a better state than when I got there. Its not the first of those visits by any means and I'm sure it won't be the last.

I also have spent many hours on the phone to members here and my email inbox and PM inbox are full of people needing a bit extra help.

People have emailed me wanting a CD set and I've rented them a set , others have bought one CD a month. I'm open to suggestions but I cannot afford to send a set out free to each person that registers here and many would not, just as both you and Mico have mentioned, appreciate them or follow them and the exercises even if I did.

It was really interesting that the three most persistant people who wanted to desperately test them, two from here and one not from this forum, as they had no money for any other help at all were the three people who never sent back their review sheets or answered emails or even ever got in contact at all - but a set appeared on eBay 10 weeks later and one of them was the seller and on the page was:
    Very much improved - No longer needed.

I spend several hours most day on this forum anyway, giving the same advice as is on the CD set anyway just not in a tutorial chapter set out way.

I hope that helps explain how they came about to exist.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi,

Do you think the CD's will work well alongside, the behaviour therapy i started? Or will i confuse myself?!!( it dosent take alot!!)

tracy x x

Give your behaviour therapy a good chance on its own before considering adding in anything else. It may be all you need and you will be busy enough with homework and exercises from that without adding in another lot.

If once thats finished you still feel incomplete let me know what you're lacking or are still unsure about and I'll let you know how its covered in the CD course.

Sometimes more help isn't any better - its just more.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

hi meg,
    What can i say? i dont know how u do it lol u remind me little like me, in the future but way more successful! im halfway through a selfhelp booklet that i wrote myself. i dont intend on doing anything with it mind, but i just find it interesting and
    keeps me busy etc.
    I truly do admire you for all the hard work you do. I do understand that u cant give out free cd sets. As im only 19, im a lil stubborn and expect so much lol i think im a lil too honest too{hence my stubborn quote}
    Thanks for explaining!
    Take care
    Beccix x x
    P.s Well done!!!

I seems I may be one of the people that may have needed the CD's that Meg had made and not returned the work sheets.

One of the things that I have had to work on throughout my anxiety has to follow things through and not give up... I think I am getting better at this. I have filled in all but one of the sheets but never did send them back but I did listen to them all lots of times and gave feedback for them all on the forum as requested.

I will return these CD's to Meg or to Nomorepanic or to anyone else who will benefit as much as I have from them. They are all in new condition.

Just PM with the best option.

sadie

You did great Sadie with all your feedback thanks.
    You sent yours online as well as here so no sheets were needed back.

Meg x

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information