Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you help!

Re: Can you help!

We plan to do a duet very soon the strange thing is i see this lovly lady alot and never knew who she was but now i do how cool is that.

Love Sam x

Lovely lady bloody hell did you have your glasses on???? The last time I saw you was in Age Concern with my new doggie.
    I sound like Mrs Overall being called the lady from the charity shop!! Sam the manageress calls me her adopted Mum but I expect theres room for another Sam in my life
    I have been crippled the last year with anxiety since coming off Seroxat and it not working again. Funny how you dont know whats going on in people lives cos I would never have guessed about your probs you little confident looking person you!!
    Of course you may not want to meet me now I'm a finalist in the May monthly quiz!!!!!

Love Joy

Joy I would never have said that you were a fellow sufferer; you come across as such a strong confident person.

I feel for you as I have been a sufferer for many years and have had some horrendous times, the other day was a good example I was at work and thought I will just pop up the road and see Sam as soon as I got half way up the road I had the most terrifying feeling that I was going to pass out and had to turn and run back to the practice. People in the village must think I am mad lol but there are good days and if I can ever do anything to help you know were I am , when you are next passing please pop into the practice and I will make you a coffee. Look forward to seeing you soon I hope.

Love Sam
    PS how is your sweet new dog

Sweet new doggie is fine thank you and keeping me fit with all the walking. At present i'm giving acupuncture a try ,well I've had one session! when you ran back to the practice did the feeling pass. My trouble is when i wake up I know almost straight away that its gonna be a good or bad time so whatever the feeling stays all day. So on a bad day I'm prob not around the village but wondering over Hengistbury head etc. Unlike you i'm on meds but nothing has worked since seroxat, but when i was on it i was great for years until i stupidly decided i didnt need it, No-one told me sometimes it doesnt work again in fact it seems to damage you for anything else either.I am loads better than last year but ride a daily roller coaster of uncertainly. Like today I was in the shop acting the clown full of beans but two days ago yuk!!!

Hey Ho enough of that, are you in the shop all the day??

Next time i have a bouncy day i'll pop in

Isnt this so totally weird??? Of course I knew about you last year from some postings when I threatened to come into the dentists wearing a banana behind my ear to identify myself. Never did of course, too busy panicky and avoiding people. I have to say the other Sam has been great to me throughout this .

see you soon!!!!!

When I run back to my safe place then yes I do feel better, it’s such a pain in the bum and seems to dominate a lot of my life. At one point I was agoraphobic stayed in the house for 18 months it was such a terrifying time of my life. The doctors wanted to put me on all sorts of meds but in never took them, that’s a lie I did take one for about 2 days felt so ill I stopped.

Sam is such a nice lady wish I had someone I could talk to but not one member of my staff know about my anxiety and all my friends are back home, Naps is good but does lose his patients with me at times.

Even on my bad days I still go to work and just try and work my way through them, I don’t get attacks so much as the fear with out the symptoms if you get me I suffer bad with dizziness and then think that I am going to pass out very odd.

I did try hypnotherapy for a while a very good way to relax but crap for panic attacks .
    Yes Hun I am at the practice all week apart from the 6th when I have to go to a meeting in Poole (oh good I hate going there).

So feel free to drop by just ask the girls on reception to see me and they will inform me.

See you soon

Love Sam X

You poor thing , how did you ever manage to get out of the house eventually. I think I'm slightly different cos on an anxious day i'm anxious indoors or out,so no escape!!!!I used to have severe dizziness years and years ago and had all sorts of tests and eventually the medics said it was anxiety but I wasnt then!
    I also tried hynotherapy and thought it was totally silly, this woman kept saying your are getting totally relaxed etc etc and I wanted to jump up and say Oh no I'm not!!!

You say the girls at work dont know about how you feel so how do you explain it to them when you rush back into work etc???
    The other Sam has all the problems of the world on her shoulders and she manages to hold it all together.
    Have you ever had any of these talking therapies that are the buzz words these days?
    I have to say I had a lesson in EFT and thought it was so silly I couldnt stop laughing but now I see that Paul McKenna uses it,so maybe theres summat in it but I cant get it!

Try and get in sometime this week

Love Joy
    Last edited by Piglet; 03-06-07 at 14:05.

I never seem to get panicky when I am in the house, and it’s odd because my life worries never seem to make my anxiety worse I mean at the moment I am the only one working and there is no way on earth that I am going to pay the rent this month but I think “well I am trying my best, working my butt of what more can I do”.

As for the girls at work I must hide it so well. I never rush into the practice, I stand outside the back door compose myself then just stride in like nothing has happened LOL.

I have had to make some sharp exits out of meeting before but just gone out gathered my thoughts had a fag and gone back in with a big smile on my face saying “sorry for that I needed the loo” LOL

I am sure some people must know but they are to polite to say anything or they just think that I am mad.

I am reading a book at the moment on EFT trying to get my head around it, thinking about it I may sit in the garden and read it today.

At the height of my agoraphobia I could not even walk to the end of my path to put the rubbish out but the strange thing is when people say to me how did you get over it I cant remember things just started to get better. I forced myself to go back to work and that helped because I am sue that some days if I did not work I would sit and rot at home .

OH the lives we lead LOL but I will never let it beat me.

Love Sam x
    Last edited by Piglet; 03-06-07 at 14:10.

how come you are the only one working, or have you got a house husband??

i know you told me once in the charity shop before we knew each other was barking(LOL) where you came from before you graced the Dorset area but I cant remember.

See you real soon

EEK, i feel all exposed!

Love Joy
    Last edited by Piglet; 03-06-07 at 14:10.

Don’t feel exposed hun LOL. I am the only one that works cos since moving down here Nap has not been able to find work (bummer) never mind I do believe there are better things to come.

I am from a place called Reading Junction 4 of the M4 nice!!! (not) I was borne in a lovely place called Henley –On- Thames (very nice) we have been down here over two years time seems to fly.

Anyway see you soon

Love Sam x

I met Joy on this website about 10 months ago and we have been chatting on msn ever since and have become great friends. What a lovely lady she is - just a shame that she lives so far away from me. If she lived closer I know she and I would be having coffee on a daily basis and walking our doggies together.

I'm getting a wee bit jealous cos Joy has you nice people living on her doorstep and I have no one here in beautiful downtown Colchester.

I have posted before asking if there is anyone living in Colchester who suffers the dreaded but unfortunately no luck so far.

Get the message? Anyone out there suffering anxiety/panic/depression and would like someone to share experiences get in touch.
    Take care all. x

Yvonne

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information