Thread: What can I add to Duloxetine to help

What can I add to Duloxetine to help

Hi All

Been away for a while - the site looks wonderful and has stacks of great information.

I am on 60mg Duloxetine and have been for over 6 months. It has helped me out of a black hole but I still get very low days and have to work so hard on my anxiety. I still get very anxious when going places alone like doctors, shopping etc but I do manage much better than I did.

My psychiatrist will not change the medication because I have tried a couple of ssris and a tricyclic following a bad withdrawal from Seroxat and they didnt work for me. Having said that I was in very bad withdrawal for a long time and I know that meds don't work when you are in withdrawal.

To get to the point what I wanted to ask is - what supplements/remedies could I take to help with my anxiety and low mood that would be safe to take with the duloxetine? I take Omega 3 regularly and I am taking Vitamin B.

I have been looking at the natural remedies on here and wondered if I could take stuff like 5htp etc.

If anyone could help I would be grateful. Many thanks.

Yvonne

Re: What can I add to Duloxetine to help

Hello again Yvonne!
    Sorry to hear duloxetine hasn't been that helpful for you. I take Vitamin B6 supplements alongside it as well as Evening Primrose Oil which helps with my PMT. I've also used Bach Rescue Remedy with no problems. To be honest, I've never really thought that much about how natural remedies could interact with the duloxetine, which is slightly worrying. I would ask your doctor next time you have an appointment or pick the brains of trained staff in Holland and Barrett or other health food shops.

Thread Information