Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Start

New Start

Here's my new thread, boring name.... I know. the last one was getting a bit long and has some stuff I'd rather forget. Also I think those 100 page threads can be a bit intimidating for new people on the site and discourages people from posting on them. So feel free to add your 2p.

To recap, I have depression, anxiety / panic disorder and BPD. I've had some terrible times due to my self destructive behaviour and have lost my home, my job and most of my friends.

I hope I've reached my lowest point, as I've now moved into a new flat and am trying to sort my life out again. The initial excitement of my new place is starting to wear off, and I've been getting progressively more edgy as time goes on. Generally I think I'm doing better than I was, so far my therapy has been helping me disengage when I get into a mess and feel the urge to self harm, I just hope things don't get worse again.

I made it to the GP this morning, was very anxious and got told off again for drinking. Then made it to the council and back without any anxiety, did skip the trip to argos for a phone as the weather is awful here.

Was in a bit of a muddle this morning as I woke up too early with a bit of a fuzzy head from the wine last night, then went back to sleep and almost overslept and missed my apt, in the rush I forgot to take my certificate to get my prescriptions so I have to go back out in the rain in a bit.

Then I can have a relaxed afternoon doing a bit of touching up on my painting from yesterday. Btw, one coat paint does not work on bright orange!

I should get my furnature and white goods from the council / charity delivered tomorrow, so hopefully I can buy more than a pint of milk without fear of it going off, sleep in a proper bed and do my favourite thing watching mindless tv, but while sitting on a sofa.

Jim

Re: New Start

Hey hey Jimbo, and welcome back!

So glad to hear you are all moved in to your new place.

The novelty will wear off a bit, but that's only natural. Also, you'll probably feel more excited once you've got your furniture and got it all painted etc. And a fridge for the milk!

Tell your doctor that you'll simply have to drink alcohol until you have a fridge. What else can one do?!

I'm sure things won't get so bad again, and you're learning techniques to stop that happening. If you do feel a bit low, try to view it as just a blip and something you are capable of dealing with.

Good luck with getting it all sorted, and happy housewarming! xxx

Aww Jim I'm so glad to hear things are improving hun.

Have a squeeze .

Piglet

Hunny, I'm loving your new name! Very positive!

Well done you for making it to the council and back with no anx! Fantastic! Well done for making it to your GP appointment too, hope it went well apart from her telling you off?

I'm glad the decorating is keeping you busy, but in a relaxing sort of way eh?

I'm glad you should be getting some stuff delivered tomorrow from the council, I'm not sure how I would cope without a fridge! I would need it to keep my chocolate nice and cold!

If I change my thread again, it will need to have a name which refers to my love for chocolate!

Lou xxx

Here hun, here's a fridge

Like it? Put some throws on this and you are sorted!

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Thanks guys,

My bedroom is now painted awaiting a bed. My arms are aching from the rollering! The painting is kinda frustrating cause it's taken a lot longer and required a lot more effort than I thought. Oh well... 1 room down 4 to go.

Tried to get the housing association to get someone to come round and fix the doorbell, as the intercom hasn't been working since I moved in. A strange old doddering guy turned up to fix it but couldn't because the room containing the electric box was locked downstairs. He did fix my extractor fan in the bathroom instead.

So a busy day today, individual counselling tomorrow. I'm looking forward to chilling out and laughing at this years bunch of freaks going on Big Brother tonight. I do have to admit to being a bit of a BB fan, I've been known to even have the tv on when they are alseep in bed!

Jim

LOL to the fridge! and to the couch! However, get some magners in that fridge instead of the carlsberg! The couch looks really comfy!

At least the painting is keeping you busy though eh? What colour have you painted your bedroom? LOL!

Aw hun, good luck with the counseling tomorrow, let us know how you get on.

I didn't know big brother started tonight lol! OMG where have I been! I don't really watch it, only if there is nothing else on, but I might watch it this year, might! OK then I will!

Take care hun, hope you sleep ok tonight.

Lou xxx

Woot!

I have a sofa and bed and table and chairs!

No fridge or cooker turned up though, the delivery guys said it might come on another van, I hope so, I really need a fridge.

Jim

Aw hun, thats great!

I hope your fridge and stuff turns up soon too!

How are you doing today?

Good luck with counselling

Lou xxx

I'm ok today, got a bit of a sore head from drinking too much again. Might have to have a snooze on my sofa to test it out.

Was very amused to open the 'kitchen box' I got, it had some bizzarre kitchen utensils I've never seen before and a box of steak knives, lol. It also included a selection of strange ornaments of indian figures and a picture of a hedgehog. Did make me chuckle tho.

Got the days mixed up with the therapy, it's tomorrow instead.

Jim

Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information