Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: New Start

Re: New Start

Sure thing Jim!

happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Afternoon all,

Still not feeling too great today. Still suffering a bit with the new tablets.

Might do a little more painting I think.

Jim

Hi Jim

Sorry you are still not feeling too well

How is the painting going?

Karen xx

Hi Jimbo!

how you doing matey?

Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

I'm ok, managed to go out shopping which was bearable. I've decided to always get a trolley from now on despite me having to carry my stuff home. Compared to carrying a basket, people get out of your way, it feels a bit like I'd imagine a tank driver feels.

My getting lost the other day has turned into a positive as I've found a new route to the shops that is much less anx inducing and calm.
    I've been naughty earlier,I've been trying to con a another Remote for my cable TV from Virgin, but they wouldn't have any of it. I need another one for my bedroom, otherwise I have to take the remote to bed every night if I want to change the channels. I told them I'd lost it and could they send me a new one. They said I'd have to pay £15 for it. So I said I'd buy one elsewhere for cheaper.

I'm in the middle of trying to buy one on eBay but my PayPal is playing up, says my details are incorrect and when I request a new password it says they've sent me an email but it's never arrived.

Not managed any painting today, maybe tomorrow.

It's also damn hot here, it's 26 degrees in my room right now with all the windows open.

Jim

Yeah been a hot one here too. We even filled an old paddling pool despite no one being any younger than 15 in this house we all still fancy sitting in it.

Love Piglet

Realised I was using the wrong e-mail address to try to log in to PayPal.

Lol Jim - I've done the exact same thing before now.

Piglet

Today started off ok, but has become frustrating.

I woke up feeling pretty good, came on made a few posts, then...

I said I'd got this new keyboard a little while back. It's cool, well useful having extra buttons to load stuff like outlook and media player, play, pause, etc. Except it has these 2 buttons right next to the arrow keys that do the same thing as pushing 'back' and 'forward' when you're on the internet.

I keep writing huge posts then going to correct a spelling mistake and accidentally push the back key instead of the left arrow and lose the whole lot!

After writing a huge post out for Happyone, I lost it, felt like smashing the damned keyboard, and thought I'd to try to fix it.

So all morning I've been testing out various programs, going through the windows registry, blah blah, trying to 'remap' or reset those keys to something else. But it can't be done, or I can't work out how, so I've wasted about 4 hours of the day.

I also keep feeling the urge to go on the Argos website and buy loads of stuff on my credit card, they've got these cool colour changing glow sphere lights that would be so cool in my bedroom, I know I shouldn't, but it's so tempting. Also the clock I bought from the cheap shop is great, except it runs an AA battery out in about 24 hours.

Gonna chill with some music for a bit, then either have another go trying to fix it, or I really should continue my painting.

Jim

Hi Jim

I hope the music has helped you to feel a bit calmer or perhaps you've returned to painting instead? We can have many ups and downs during a day mate. I hope you're feeling a bit brighter

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I said I'd got this new keyboard a little while back... Except it has these 2 buttons right next to the arrow keys that do the same thing as pushing 'back' and 'forward' when you're on the internet. I keep writing huge posts then going to correct a spelling mistake and accidentally push the back key instead of the left arrow and lose the whole lot!
    Yep, frustrating isn't it? I use a laptop and I first got it I couldn't use it due to the mouse pad. I kept leaning on it and the mouse went zooming off all over the place. So I switched that off and now use a wireless mouse instead!

The temptation of shopping can be very strong too lol!

Karen xx

Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information