Thread: The first few weeks on medication

The first few weeks on medication

Just wondering how peoples reactions to new medication changed over the first couple of weeks. Do the symptoms decrease, like not as dizzy, less panicy as each day goes by?

My first two days have been pretty rough, especially at night and during the night (waking). I feel exhusted today, and hate to think how I will be after 2 weeks if it stays this bad.

Thanks to any replies

Re: The first few weeks on medication

Hi Jono, did you have another bad night ?
    I started my pills yesturday (as you already know ) and I am finding that I feel sick when I have eaten, its putting me off eating so I cant imagine putting on weight . But seriously Its making me feel so sick at times.

Look forward to reading any replies you may get.

take care

Hi

What medications are you taking? People react differently but I think its pretty normal to feel to feel a bit sickly at first - maybe have a mild headache and you may notice your more tired than usual, are sweating a bit more and feel a bit dithery. I've found this tends to wear off after a few weeks. Your anxiety can increase for a little while, its important to tell yourself that this is due to the pills and not you. They are worth sticking with as finding the right medication can make the world of difference.

Cassie

i found that the bad side effects dissipated after 3 days. (now those 2 days were really awful)...i still had some weird feelings but not that bad....but as they say, it's different for every person.

It took nearly two weeks for me to gradually settle down on my first meds, but it was worth it in the end! Good luck with yours.

Thread Information