Thread: the dreaded what if !!!

the dreaded what if !!!

people with anxiety constantly use the what if in nearly every sentance, we need to try and change this too SO WHAT , hopefully we all know that the what if is irrational and feeding the fear and anxiety by changing it we take control and stick two fingers up, fear and anxiety is a bully and it will beat you and take as much as you allow.

I remember my whole day used to be consumed with what if this what if that and I never did anything I was totally disabled by the fear, changing the habbit to SO WHAT gives us the strength and attitude to stand up to our fears and move forward .. we all know nothing is going to happen

If we break it down we are allowing our lives to be controlled by words and feelings neither of which are a real threat,

There is also the stop method, for those of us who think negative or have intrusive thoughts,, it is so easy for a simple thought to spiral into a whole day of thinking, the knack is to try to catch the negative thought before it takes control

ie- i am scared if i go out something bad will happen can take control and stop us being happy

using the stop method

ie - i am scared STOP i know if i go out i may feel uncomfortable but i WILL BE OK and I know NOTHING will happen !!

it is all about stoping the negative and replacing it with a rational truth which is much more posative and will help us acheive our goals,

If we can do this then we are beating the bully and it wont be long before we do it without even thinking about it ..

hope this helps

michelle x

Re: the dreaded what if !!!

yes, the what if is a bog problem lol. not sure about the so what as knowing me i would say so what..if..lol. the stop method makes sense i will try that out thanks michelle xxxxxxxxxxx

take kare xx
    minnie xxxx

minnie xxxx

Thread Information