Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scared >< had real bad attack

Re: Scared >< had real bad attack

Yea it's hard to see other side of this when your in the middle of it. I'm at the other end of the day here, with my dinner sitting in front of me.... I dont know why but at night i just can't eat. My stomach felt empty out of nowhere but when i get the food in front of me I go right off it.

I didn't take the Ativan, trying to wait it out if I can. Have a feeling if I start taking something during nights I will want to rely on it, and get panicy if I run out. Going to save them for a bad time .

Haven't heard of beta blockers, but don't know about more pills haha :S. Hope you can eat something today ;/ For breakfast I've been having cornies banana and some yoghurt so far its been ok. Lunch I just had toast couldn't stand much else.

oh i just had a hell of a time, im sitting here in tears...
    my daughter wanted to get soem sweets from the shop so I took her there, on the walk to the shops I felt all uneasy and light headed and shakey but carried on cos I didnt want to disapoint her.
    When we wlaked in the shop I felt so panic stricken and just didnt know what to do, wanted to burst out crying and scream but I couldnt.
    I just had to get out of the shop so told my daughter id wait outside, well then I freaked and I was 100% certain I was going to pass out, everything looked so unreal and I felt desperate and agitated.
    When my daughter finally came out the shop I said come on lets go home and pretended I needed the toilet urgently, that way i got her to walk very fast with me, every step was so painful and home felt such along way away.

Now Im home and feel so depressed and defeated , feeling like Ill never feel normal ever again......I dont know how much more of this I can take,
    its like your worst nightmare come true.

sorry to rant on, cant see me feeling better the way i feel at the moment.

That's no good Mirry ;; Yea the attacks seem to pop up when you're not expecting it. But hang in there, just like my one last night I thought there was no way I could handle this but stick at it. Like everyone says it will get better..

I tried to go for a run on my 2nd day and that was horrible, I felt numb all over, like I was looking through my eyes but that was it. About half way I got all panicy and felt like I was going to fall over, I just tried to get home as quick as I could.

My doctor reassured me it's part of the treatment, so just stick with it. I know I'm not going to leave the house until it's calmed down as I can see a random panic attack happening..

Hi Mirry and Johno,

Just wanted to encourage you both - you're both doing great even though you might not think it!!

Loss of appetite is one of the side effects I'm afraid, but my appetite came back almost overnight after about three weeks. Hopefully yours will come back before too long. My doc told me not to worry as long as I was drinking plenty (not alcohol!) - he said that he wouldn't be concerned with my not eating until after about 6 or 7 weeks!! I used to force myself to eat a banana every morning and that was all I could tolerate all day although I drank gallons of water and vanilla ,cammoile and honey herbal tea! I tried Complan (a food supplement) but didn't find that too palatable for me - you might find differently.

Keep on keeping on you two, I'm right behind you on this one!

Thanks Grooveygranny!

At the end of day 6 on meds, and symtpoms are still here but no big attacks. I think I know how they start now and can stop it from getting bad. Just the numb, dizzy sensation is freaky during the day I don't want to move around much but I know it wont last forever . I can eat dinner now too which is goood! Just when I'm feeling groggy / dizzy I have no apetite.

My symptoms are during the day now which is weird, I feel good at night. Opposite from the first days where I felt good in day and horrible at night. Hopefully move up to 20mg on Tuesday.

Johno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information