Thread: Bleeding two weeks after period?

Bleeding two weeks after period?

Hi
    As the title says really. Last period was 2 weeks ago on Monday past to the Friday. Anyway, yesterday, went to the loo and there was a fair bit of brown blood come away. I just put it down to old blood that hadn't passed and that sex had disturbed and that was that. But then today, there is more, I wouldn't say it was brown but it didn't look like mega fresh blood, it was that sort of deep burgundy browny colour (so not like the right red of my period). I ha a smear in the last year and a bit that was fine but am panicking a bit. Ow.

Anyone know if this is normal? It is not ovulation time for me either, I ovulate late.

Thanks

Re: Bleeding two weeks after period?

Hi Ive posted about the exact same thing. I have absolutely no other symptoms but Ive charted in my calendar that exactly 10 days after my period begins (the first day of your period) I have a dark brown discharge which isn't fresh or bright red but like a burgundy brown colour that lasts for 4-5 days. It gradually goes lighter to like a dark yellow/light brown and then stops. My period starts exactly every 28 days so nothing wrong with my cycle. I panicked but apparently its common for a lot of women. Im 42 as well so not sure if its the beginning of the end haha

Hi, I've had the pattern of bleeding you describe since my late teens when my periods "settled" (I'm 43 now). I had it investigated several times and they said it was "just me" and extremely common. They don't always know exactly why some women get this. I have always had a bit of bleeding sometimes after sex - it's old blood colour like you describe. I also got it - less but it still happened - when I was on the pill. If you're on the pill, "break-through bleeding" is extremely common. It's even written in the small print, though it's def. one of the many things they don't tell you and I don't think is commonly known about the pill.

You might want to have it investigated for peace of mind. For me it made me feel gross, but I just lived with it in the end and as I say it is really common. I've met many women over the years who've had the same. Can't help but think if this was men there'd be more research and info about it, but ho hum.

It's very common and it often accompanies ovulation.

Did you have any hormonal type symptoms with this bleeding? Spots on chin, pelvic or back aches, tender boobs etc. Or was it just bleeding? It's quite possible you ovulated earlier than expected...or maybe your body is just having a clear out.. the fact the blood was old and dark is probably a good sign! Were you doing anything strenuous beforehand?

I am having the same issue!! 12 days ago I started spotting this light brown blood. Its now 12 days later and its still happening. During the 12 days it would go back and forth from light to dark brown and a couple of times it was reddish brown. Never turned into my period though. My actual period was due 2 days ago. So I don't know if this was my period or what. No sore breasts or breakouts like usual. I did get a little bit of cramping about 3 days into it though.

What happened with this please I'm having the same issues

You could be going through perimenopause. Hopefull, I am 46 and have had normal periods up until last year, when I would just have light pink tinge when wiping, starting yesterday I am wiping brown dishcarge and some very light pinkish reddish tinge on tp, nothing in my pad.

Thread Information