Thread: Swapping meds

Question Swapping meds

Hi, has anyone swapped from Venlafaxine to (I think it's called) Serotext? If so what was the procedure & did you suffer side effects all over again?

Re: Swapping meds

Here's the GP switching guide which shows that switch:

http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepa...?ID=1651179592

Should have read Setraline. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

A useful link thanks for your reply.

you swapping venlafaxine to sertraline. how is you doc going to do this . an SNRI to a SSRI . I think this could well cause some side effects anything with venlafaxine or release form EFFEXOR spells trouble detoxing. SO how is this change going to take place , tapering off your VENLAFAXINE first,( ie washout), --( tapering 1 to the other) ,( or cross tapering) ?????????. it seems a strange choise of meds so what is his plan , i wish you good look on this one .
    Last edited by braindead; 10-08-17 at 10:03.

Seen my GP this morning. After suffering awful side effects for 3 weeks on Venlafaxine I am tapering off & onto low dose of Mirtzapine. Will see Doc in a week again to make any adjustments. I am dissapointed as Vens worked for me in the past, but I guess I'm a bit older now & ones body & metabolism change. I knew what to expect having been there before, twice in fact. This time I'm afraid the effects were debilitating. Apart from increasing panic attacks both in frequency & intensity (I knew this would happen), I completely lost my appetite & have been unable to eat & lost weight. Even liquids would pass straight through me. I've spent more time in the toilet in the last 3 weeks than ever before. I also needed Zopiclone to sleep & even then only get around 4 to 5 hours. So onward & upwards hopefully. Please dont take this post as a knock at Vens for anyone going on them everyone reacts differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jools33 View Post
    Seen my GP this morning. After suffering awful side effects for 3 weeks on Venlafaxine I am tapering off & onto low dose of Mirtzapine. Will see Doc in a week again to make any adjustments. I am dissapointed as Vens worked for me in the past, but I guess I'm a bit older now & ones body & metabolism change. I knew what to expect having been there before, twice in fact. This time I'm afraid the effects were debilitating. Apart from increasing panic attacks both in frequency & intensity (I knew this would happen), I completely lost my appetite & have been unable to eat & lost weight. Even liquids would pass straight through me. I've spent more time in the toilet in the last 3 weeks than ever before. I also needed Zopiclone to sleep & even then only get around 4 to 5 hours. So onward & upwards hopefully. Please dont take this post as a knock at Vens for anyone going on them everyone reacts differently.
    going back on a med you have been on before is going to take longer than 3 weeks, my neighbour came off ven and 3 months later crashed , he was put back on 75mg then 150mg it took him 12 weeks to come good so your 3 is nothing, the side effects your getting are typical ven side effects, you should have stuck it out ,you are now on the med go round and thats bad news

I know where you are coming from. However I know what has triggered this bout. My anxiety was started by a medical disappointment. This is my 3rd episode since 2004. I successfully managed Venlafaxine previously. I was only ever on 75mg. I am still on 37.5 so I am prepared to see where it takes me. As previously mentioned everyone is different in how they react. I am prepared to give it a go (mentally). If it keeps me out of the toilet it will be a bonus. l,ll keep you posted.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

As you're on only 37.5mg Venlafaxine, you should avoid withdrawal effects.

Hope Mirt suits you better than Ven anyway.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Yesterday was the first day just on 37.5 and mirt last night.fingers crossed I had the best nights sleep in over a month. It's almost 2pm and up to now I have not had a panic attack. I also have felt more like eating. Stomach is also a lot calmer. Long way to go yet but hope lives on.

Still ok better than before. Slight wobble this afternoon but not a full on panic attack. Took half a 5mg diazapam dozed on settee for 40mins dreamed I bumped my head and woke up. Still eating better but need to retrain my stomach after not eating for so long. Not there yet but keeping on keeping on.

Thread Information