Thread: Just started Sertraline

Just started Sertraline

I started off on citalopram a week and a half ago but gave up after day 4. I've been on prozac before and the first two weeks were brutal but I guess I wasn't ready for it this time. Now my doctor has given me Sertraline and I'm still in two minds about the whole medication route but my anxiety is not getting better. I've had it most of my life but the past year it's got progressively worse. I took just quarter of a 50mg pill today. Side effects were nsome mild nausea but I've also just started iron tablets which do that anyway. Thinking of trying half a pill tomorrow then stabilizing on that for a week or two.

Re: Just started Sertraline

I did Zoloft, (same thing) for almost 3 weeks. I can't tolerate meds, I wish you the best. It did help me through my crisis. I was only on 25mg. It works for some people and not for others.

Thanks, prozac has worked well for me in the past so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but the side effects terrify me. I'm reaching the point where anxiety is taking over so I have to do something! I'm going to try therapy too if I can, but it's expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    I started off on citalopram a week and a half ago but gave up after day 4. I've been on prozac before and the first two weeks were brutal but I guess I wasn't ready for it this time. Now my doctor has given me Sertraline and I'm still in two minds about the whole medication route but my anxiety is not getting better. I've had it most of my life but the past year it's got progressively worse. I took just quarter of a 50mg pill today. Side effects were nsome mild nausea but I've also just started iron tablets which do that anyway. Thinking of trying half a pill tomorrow then stabilizing on that for a week or two.
    I've been on 50mg for about 3 yrs now and it's great.
    I took 25mg for a week then went to 50 where I've been ever since.
    Side effects starting off weren't good but the end result was worth it.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Thank you, it's really encouraging to hear success stories! I have had no real side effects from the tiny dose I've been taking so tomorrow I will take half a tablet whichn is 25mg and hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    Thank you, it's really encouraging to hear success stories! I have had no real side effects from the tiny dose I've been taking so tomorrow I will take half a tablet whichn is 25mg and hope for the best!
    My Dr wanted me to start on 50 but I took it upon myself to do 25 first.
    I think 50 straight up would have been too much.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I'm up to 25mg today and definitely noticing the increased anxiety, feeling jittery, racing thoughts etc. I hope I can stick this out.

Thread Information