Thread: Anybody else use fitness classes ?

Anybody else use fitness classes ?

Hi
    Anyone else use fitness classes to try to control the anxiety ? I now do ten hours a week nearly. But the anxiety is catching up with it. Doc finally gave me some benzos but 5mg diazepam barely scratch the surface. Should I ask for something stronger ? Don't like taking the pills as I feel I have been beaten.

Re: Anybody else use fitness classes ?

Hiya, I run with a local running club and use fitness classes. It helps me massively BUT, as helpful as it is, I think it works a lot better in conjunction with some form of Psychotherapy/CBT. Exercise is a great help, but I don't think 1 thing controls anxiety. A combination of therapy/exercise/meditation plus eating well etc is meant to be the ideal. I'm not an expert, but after suffering for years I find a combination of all these things help me the most.

Re: Anybody else use fitness classes ?

Quote Originally Posted by binashubby View Post
    Hi
    Anyone else use fitness classes to try to control the anxiety ? I now do ten hours a week nearly. But the anxiety is catching up with it. Doc finally gave me some benzos but 5mg diazepam barely scratch the surface. Should I ask for something stronger ? Don't like taking the pills as I feel I have been beaten.
    i have took benzos for 45 years , married had kids ,sang in a pop band, drank like a fish ,been in mental hospital, drive a fast car i always wanted. ect ect i dont think i have been beaten, nuts maybe

Thread Information