Thread: Anxiety and constant worry

Anxiety and constant worry

I'm going down a slippery slope and really want to pull myself out of it before its too late, but it's difficult. I know all expectant mothers probably have a little anxiety, but it's all I think about.

I feel stressed most days because the list of things we need to buy, the stuff that needs doing to the house just keeps growing by the day! I've been painting loads the last few weeks, as I'm on school holidays, but it's really becoming difficult with the bending ect my stomach hurts. Plus the fumes aren't great!

My partner has done a lot but has to fit it around work ect, I know my dad would help if I asked as he's a good decorator but I don't like putting people out.

I'm finding it difficult to sleep, or hold down any conversation about anything other than this. I don't want to turn into a maniac but I feel like nothing will be done before baby arrives and i just keep crying! The thought of going back to work is not helping either, but maybe I need time in another environment to keep my sanity.

Needed to vent.
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Re: Anxiety and constant worry

You have Typical symptoms of GAD Katie Its frustrating I know I am new to it all myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pea Tear Griffin View Post
    You have Typical symptoms of GAD Katie Its frustrating I know I am new to it all myself.
    its not GAD . Its situation stress ie the situation your in at the moment is stressfull

The prospect of becoming a mum for the first time is always very daunting and it's normal to feel that you won't have things ready for when the baby arrives. I wouldn't over-analyse your feelings-things will sort themselves out and you just need basic stuff to begin with anyway. Focus on keeping mentally and physically well throughout your pregnancy and others will take care of the practical stuff-it's your health that matters not what gets done.

That's guys I am probably over thinking my feelings and most of it is probably quite normal for a first time mum! No doubt I'll be worrying for the next 18 years and so on

My sister is taking me for a weekend away soon, nice hotel, food and treatments should help
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Sounds just what you need!

Going away and having a break sounds like a great idea. Lots of pampering! And no obsessiving over stuff, if it's on your mind write it down and walk away from it. I found that helped me dealing with work tasks when I was trying to sleep.

I bet what you are saying would prompt a load of head nodding and "yep, been there" from every mum on the forum!

Perhaps try to lay it out on paper and get it out of your head. Set realistic goals to cutdown on pressure on yourself. and to an extent, this is where dad-to-be has to step up to as you have a lot going on with the hormones right now.

I think you are just feeling overwhelmed. Your fella had a great big wobble recently so don't be too hard on yourself, it's bound to bring so many doubts as it's the biggest commitment you will ever have.

Thread Information