Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-d's and husband

I agree, doctors are far too eager to dish out pills for any ailment. There are lots of reasons why a doctor might prescribe a pill to a patient and only a few of them have anything to do with your symptoms.

Having said that, they do work for some people, so have a good think about it before you decide to take them, but you must be honest with your husband. He will not always understand your problem, and as you can imagine it is extremely frustrating for him, he can't really help and I imagine it makes him quite angry at times, but if he loves you, he will want to help despite his anger, and you must let him.

If you are depressed, drinking will not help, if you are drinking heavily every night, I would seriously consider tackling that problem before unbalancing your system even further by adding another chemical to the cocktail.

As for Prozac, for every one person it helps, there are three that it seriously affects, this is not just true for Prozac, but it can help, just please think seriously before taking it. All I can say is that everyone I know (which is quite a few) who suffer panic attacks and/or general anxiety and/or depression has been given drugs by their doctors, including me, and NONE of them were cured by the drugs. Those that did get better did it in other ways.

Hope this helps.

Love Michael.

You are not alone

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">

As for Prozac, for every one person it helps, there are three that it seriously affects<div align="right">Originally posted by michael - 23 December 2004 : 22:30:30</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I am sure that is not the case at all...do you really think drugs would get onto the market with those kind of statistics? I very much doubt it. I really think you should be careful about posting figures like that unless you can support them.

Jonny.

maybe the reasons that make you drink are the same ones that add to your anxiety etc.......but i took to drink and found although i felt better at the time the problems were still there when i sobered up so i gave it up and try only to drink socially now. im not sure keeping it from your husband is a good idea as that may just add to the things that are bottled inside you try getting him to support you for a while and if you still dont feel good try the medication

fan x

Frances,

How are you getting on?? Did you decide to take the meds or not?

Don't want to preach but alcohol seems to be a major contributing factor to your anxiety, have you thought any more about it?

Take Care Lucky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information