Thread: Bat bite?

Bat bite?

Kind of long but PLEASE read I cant stop crying:

About 19 days ago (July 27th) I was at an amusement park. This amusement park is kinda close to me but its more upstate New York,so the farther you go upstate the more woods you see. And this amusement park has a lot of trees (go figure lol) Anyway,I was having a good time the whole night. Came home and went to sleep,when I woke up I saw these two marks on me on my ankle (I was wearing socks and had my pants over my socks because I'm very afraid of bugs biting me) I didn't freak out too much,I actually thought it was a spider bite but whatever.
    Today my thigh started twitching randomly out of nowhere,and its stil doing it now. Silly me looked up twitching causes and saw that Rabies can produce it. I immediately panicked over insect bites as I do have a few but learned that insects do not transmit rabies so I do what I do best: overthink.
    So basically what I'm scared about is of a possible bat living on one of the rides that I have gotten on and biting me while I was sitting in the ride. The one ride I'm particularly scared about is this boat ride that is like a tunnel and is really dark-like a cave! You know,kind of like where bats live! I did not feel anything bite me,I did not even SEE a bat fly out.
    I look up on the internet symptoms of bat bites and so much of it is conflicting because people say that you can't feel bats bite,that bat bites look like small dots,or that you can't even see or feel bats biting at all! This is really REALLY scaring me and I'm crying so much the tears cant stop coming out.
    Here is a picture of said bite: http://m.imgur.com/Dfnjt8i The bite is no longer there and has faded

---------- Post added at 05:43 ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 ----------

Update: Now Im scared about possibly a small rodent like animal biting me like a mouse and that gave me rabies. So now its not just bats now its basically the whole animal kingdom. Ugh.
    Last edited by purplewitch; 15-08-17 at 11:03.

Re: Bat bite?

Mice rarely have rabies. Because to get rabies they have to be bitten in the wild and they are too small to survive an incident with a bigger rabid animal (They'd be dead). You never saw a bat and amusement park rides are inspected and if there was a bat hiding in one the people running it would know.

You are twitching because that's a symptom of anxiety. This anxiety is severely affecting your life. Have you seen a doctor about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredLizard View Post
    Mice rarely have rabies. Because to get rabies they have to be bitten in the wild and they are too small to survive an incident with a bigger rabid animal (They'd be dead). You never saw a bat and amusement park rides are inspected and if there was a bat hiding in one the people running it would know.

You are twitching because that's a symptom of anxiety. This anxiety is severely affecting your life. Have you seen a doctor about it?
    Do you think it looks like a bat bite

You'd know it if a bat bit you. This is a common HA fear. There are literally hundreds of posts on here from people who've wondered if the imaginary bat got them. Neither you, or they, were ever bitten.

Do you honestly believe that a bat could bite you and you wouldn't know?

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    Do you honestly believe that a bat could bite you and you wouldn't know?
    yes and the problem is i cant remember. and its making me so so so scared.
    did you see the picture i attached to the post

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

All I have been doing for the past 2 days is crying about this I'm so scared. i can't remember if something bit me or not

The picture doesn't look like a bat bite. Bites are terribly small. IT looks like you had a scratch or mosquito bites or something. That's it. If a bat attacked you while you were awake? You'd know it. You would have felt it

Quote Originally Posted by purplewitch View Post
    yes and the problem is i cant remember. and its making me so so so scared.
    did you see the picture i attached to the post

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

All I have been doing for the past 2 days is crying about this I'm so scared. i can't remember if something bit me or not
    Unless you're senile, you wouldn't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    You'd know it if a bat bit you. This is a common HA fear. There are literally hundreds of posts on here from people who've wondered if the imaginary bat got them. Neither you, or they, were ever bitten.
    This is a little bit funny because I too have had the bat obsession. I didn't realise other people did too. We used to have bats in our mango tree and i had convinced myself one day that one of them might have bitten me when I was mowing hahaha

Thread Information