Thread: Frequent urination?

Frequent urination?

So I made a post a couple days ago about my concerns with antibiotics ad I just recently started taking Bactrim. Ever since taking it, however, I have had frequent urination probably urinating 6+ times a day which is abnormal for me. It is always either clear or light yellow and there is no pain at all yet I'm conerned that the antibiotics are causing kidney failure or something of that sort or its some kind of diabetes issue. I know the general answer is "Check with your doctor" but due to my HA, going back to the doctor is really not an option at the moment with my current level of anxiety :(

Re: Frequent urination?

I pee like 20 times a day. It's definitely abnormal. My kidney function however, is apparently fantastic, according to my last set of blood results. Honestly, it's considered normal to go up to 8 times a day a you've not seen any blood, so I wouldn't stress. Additionally, you've been on meds and everyone knows this can cause slight changes in bodily functions. So I don't think you have any reason to be alarmed, tbh.

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

If it persists for sometimes and makes you feel uncomfortable, then reassess the situation, but for now, I think you can chill .

Oh really? I didn't realize that it could be considered normal! It just seems so strange because I've definitely not been drinking enough to be peeing this much haha I guess I just get too overwhelmed and concerned about side effects whenever I take any meds

Nervousness can make you pee more, every time i fly i go like 3 or 4 Tim on a two hour flight , yes i get very nervous when i fly

Anxiety can definitely cause frequent urination. But you could have an infection so can you drop a urine sample off and get it tested? btw blood doesn't need to be visible to be present in your urine. I have had a few UTIs this year and my urine tested positive for blood but it wasn't visible to the eye. I also had very few symptoms.

When my anxiety is bad I go to the toilet what seems like every 5 mins. It's very urgent as well. It's all settles back down again once the anxiety has passed. It's something I've noticed happens. Another joyful symptom of anxiety.

Thread Information