Thread: My dog attacked someone and now im having constant panic attacks :(

My dog attacked someone and now im having constant panic attacks :(

Hi Sorry if ive posted this in the wrong section I just dont know what to do, basically I have anxiety and some other mental health issues so I only go out at night time when its dark, me and my 13 year old sister took the dogs out for a walk, my sister stopped because the dog was sniffing a lampost and out of nowhere this man barged past my sister he was extremely close to her and in response my dog bit the man to protect her, this dog is extremely protective of my sister, anyway he got into my sisters face extremely agressive and kicked the dog, the kick missed but once he saw me he backed of, we thought it was the end of the situation and not even 2 minutes after he cut us off having ago at my little sister again he refused to talk to me and got extremly agressive towards her he didnt touch her though, my little sister was crying her eyes out obviously scared mindless and he wouldnt let us leave untill he got our address my sister reluctantly gave it him so he would back off and he said he was going to call the police and report our dog, he backed off after I started throwing slurs at him. Im sitting at home now not slept or eaten just waiting for the police, ive heard the dog laws are strict as hell nowadays and I dont want my dog getting put down a tea cup yorkie with no previous history of violence just because this man got to close to my sister in the dark.

Re: My dog attacked someone and now im having constant panic attacks :(

Hi Iam sorry to hear this when reading your post I thought Resource Guarding (which can not be tolerated) but this was a genuine reason and the dog had to act quickly I think to ne honest this stranger was out of order. So if anything comes of it I would make a complaint about this man. Was he drunk in any way on drugs? Yes the laws are quite strict but the fact is it's not had no previous history. It may be best either to try and take a walk during day light hours or at least pick a busy well lit area at night
    Let us know what happens mate Cheers

Alright thank you for the response To answer your question i have no idea since ive never took drugs or drank alchohol ive never seen that sort of thing before and since he never came close to me because I think he was intimidated that i Towered over him only my sister was close enough to smell his breathe since he felt the need to harrass and be aggressive to a minor, all I know is that he was extremely aggressive but he didnt touch her although I felt like our safety was at risk, 2 things that I found odd though is that he claimed the dog cut his leg with the bite, the man was wearing pants so i cant see how a dog will be able to get to your skin without there being any rips in the pants to show for it, when I was attacked by a german sheapord as a kid I had cuts all over my pants and things, the 2nd thing I found strange is that he refused to show us the bite, now that could be because he was in shock I dont know but I still find that being strange considering his behavior towards us after we apologized.

Sounds like an idiot to me, he ignored you but was quite happy to bully a 13 year old girl. Tough guy.

I would tell your parents about this as I imagine they will be angry about this guy. He also tried to attack your dog.

I doubt the police will see this quite the same as the kind of attacks we read about and given his attitude they may have a feeling about the kind of guy he is if he reports it from his attitude.

I am with Terry on this one Yorkie leaving a bit mark through trousers ha ha it doesn't sound right nah sounds like a chancer to me Jack Guess you won't here any more about it

The guy was interesting Ill tell u that much and not in a good way, I told my parents and my dad said the guy might tell the police so we are waiting to see if they do come round since he has our address then I can tell them what actually happened, I have to confess I wasnt in the right either like im not an angry person but when I was chanting all these slurs at him to get him to back off I just lost it I guess thats what they mean when they say the desire to protect your loved ones. Thanks guys uve really helped calmed me down Im very grateful Ill keep u posted to see if anything does happen within the next few days but the more I think about the situation the more I think its just a con artist trying to take advantage of a child and young adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakku56 View Post
    The guy was interesting Ill tell u that much and not in a good way, I told my parents and my dad said the guy might tell the police so we are waiting to see if they do come round since he has our address then I can tell them what actually happened, I have to confess I wasnt in the right either like im not an angry person but when I was chanting all these slurs at him to get him to back off I just lost it I guess thats what they mean when they say the desire to protect your loved ones. Thanks guys uve really helped calmed me down Im very grateful Ill keep u posted to see if anything does happen within the next few days but the more I think about the situation the more I think its just a con artist trying to take advantage of a child and young adult.
    He's probably forgot about it mate Glad you have calmed down though Glad we could help Cheers

Thread Information