Thread: House Bound and Heartbroken.

House Bound and Heartbroken.

I've struggled with anxiety most of my adult life. When I was a child I was nothing short of terrified of everything.

When I was 21 I went through a hard withdrawal from Xanax. Since then I haven't had a single day that has been calm, but lately, it has been worse.

When I was younger I didn't eat much, occasionally that would lead to some low blood sugar. I was a pretty scrawny kid with a horrible diet. But my mother (a major hypochondriac) led me to believe it was a condition I had and not just a symptom of not eating all day.

Fast forward to now, I have a crippling fear that I am going to faint. It actually drives me to the point of feeling constantly out of it. I haven't left my house in weeks. It has hindered my ability to be a good husband and father. I get bad Depersonalization, Lightheadedness and so on. Worse is that if I don't eat every couple of hours it gets worse. Even though I have had my blood sugar tested by doctors and at home, all normal.

I'm just reaching out for some support here. I want my life back, fear free. I have reached the point where I no longer have panic attacks, however, I am ALWAYS feeling out of it now. As if I am fighting to stay conscious and alive.

Re: House Bound and Heartbroken.

Hi MrG. I totally empathise with your desire to get your life back. In 16weeks I have been reduced to a wreck of a man, filled with anxiety, fear, sleep disturbance and and fear of self harm. 16 weeks ago I was relatively "normal". I feel so low and fed up with life.

However, I understand we have to try and push through this pain and suffering. Do you have access to help. Sometimes just someone to talk to is a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Hi MrG. I totally empathise with your desire to get your life back. In 16weeks I have been reduced to a wreck of a man, filled with anxiety, fear, sleep disturbance and and fear of self harm. 16 weeks ago I was relatively "normal". I feel so low and fed up with life.

However, I understand we have to try and push through this pain and suffering. Do you have access to help. Sometimes just someone to talk to is a good start.
    Thank you for your empathy. I have my wife and I purchased the CBT4PANIC. My only struggle is that the feelings never seem to let up. I'll get a solid 30 minutes a day of peace.

I think we can all relate and it's painful. For me, I try to look at what I'm afraid of and I'm on an attempt to gain some spirituality as my old way of living isn't working. I've heard that anxiety is just fear and fear is future events aren't real. Others have told me fear / anxiety is a lack of faith. I figured it is worth a try.

I've found meeting with others who suffer is good so you can talk about everything.

Hope that helps

Hi MrGinger. ..Please don't think i'm trying to make less of your suffering or simplifying your symptoms but it sounds to me like you're over-breathing which is a classic result of anxiety.

It's almost as if your nervous system is in a permenant state of 'fight or flight'. The tension this produces effects almost every part of you and can alter the mechanics of breathing, as in, it can alter the balance of carbon dioxide and oxygen in your bloodstream which then alters your breathing to produce weakness and lightheadedness. Finding the correct breathing exercise, of which there are many, could restore the balance.

Whatever mental torment we go through, if it's prolonged over many months or years, it will always result in physical pain of some sort...whether it's muscle cramps and twitches, stomach pain, chest pain, severe headaches or breathing problems, we won't get away without suffering from something physical, but with the help of certain medication and a good therapist to help us understand what's happening to our bodies because of what's going on in our mind, we can overcome the constant state of tension and anxiety.

Cath S

Thread Information