Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just went to A&E to be sectioned

Just went to A&E to be sectioned

Hi guys I know recently everyone has been fed up with me moaning about my back and I've been having thoughts of ending my life, so I went straight to a and e to section myself, they haven't done it but hey have given my diazepam, and also I talked to someone about my fear of AS, they told me it's not even that bad of a disease and that if i do get it I can live a normal life and with medication and exercise I won't feel that bad.
    My apologies to anyone I've annoyed on my posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Just went to A&E to be sectioned

I did the same thing as you three nights in a row last year. I was assessed each time, and given diazepam. Then I was sent home. Each time, the reassurance that I wasn't going crazy lasted long enough for me to get some sleep, but then I returned the following night. I thought something terrible was happening to me psychologically. In my case, I was just getting started on an SSRI, which I think contributed to how I was feeling.

In any case, there's no chance of being sectioned unless you're in the throes of a major crisis, or you're seriously mentally ill. The team told me that I really didn't want to be sectioned, and that it stood a high chance of making me worse. They were right. It wasn't what I needed. I needed to give my SSRI time to work, and I needed therapy.

I'm sorry things got to be so bad for you jonny. I've replied on one or two of your threads and you haven't annoyed anybody. I hope you get the help you need.

Be well
    Cath S x

I'm sorry things are rough for you right now. I hope you can get some peace of mind!

I was inpatient for anxiety in 2013 and it was the best thing for me at the time

I live with my girlfriend but I'm staying at my mums tonight as my girlfriend has been up with me for 3 nights with no sleep so she needs sleep too,

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    I live with my girlfriend but I'm staying at my mums tonight as my girlfriend has been up with me for 3 nights with no sleep so she needs sleep too,

What does your girlfriend think about your concerns?

Never Surrender, Comrade

She's really down An worried about me but she just needs a good nights sleep she has been up with me for the last 3 nights

Hey Jonny,

I tried that multiple times. A&E wouldn't section me. I did get sectioned but I also nearly got charged with a crime at the same time. Was lucky I wasn't. I've been in your shoes mate. This will pass.

Keep positive

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I hope it does I've never been this bad this whole ankylosing spondylitis fear has spiralled me out of control when if I actually researched it properly it's not even that bad and with medication and that I can control it and live a normal life

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    I hope it does I've never been this bad this whole ankylosing spondylitis fear has spiralled me out of control when if I actually researched it properly it's not even that bad and with medication and that I can control it and live a normal life
    Your doctor said you didn't have it so why worry about it?

"I was terrified it was ankylosing spondylitis but docs said it's just because I'm 6ft 2 and work a desk job and my stress and anxiety has made it worse and it will go eventually but will take time"

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information