Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I have Rabies, Please Help :(

Re: I think I have Rabies, Please Help :(

If you had rabies you wouldn't have "symptoms" that come and go. A "weird sensation" doesn't sound like you've been bitten; it sounds like you've had a mini wave of panic come over you, and now you're fixated on that area. X

As I said, anxiety is your problem. Please get help for this. If you haven't already, speak to your GP.

Honestly, we understand the irrational worries - we all get them. You need to get help to find ways of dealing with them. No amount of reassurance will help you.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It's just hard to function when you have something like rabies on your mind, even though I probably have more chance of getting struck by lighting.

I have an appointment at mind (anxiety group) next week, so hopefully that can help me out.

I'm really glad I found this site though because people in real life get annoyed whenever I try and talk to them about my problems or just don't understand me whatsoever.

No they don't understand. It all sounds irrational to them. It sounds irrational to me sometimes! But everyone on here, while they don't suffer each and every problem, the basis for every problem (anxiety) is well known to us all.

I had a thyroid function test last wednesday to rule out any thyroid problems because I never suffered from anxiety till around 2015 or so.

My GP should of done one sooner to rule out any possible abnormalities.

Click on the rabies tag below and read the posts by other people also with rabies health anxiety. You will notice many similarities to your own situation. To my knowledge, none of those people had rabies despite multiple reassurances and visits to doctors, etc. You have to accept that your problem is anxiety, and it's taken over control of your rational mind. The doctors, nurses etc are being rational, but your emotions won't let you believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by a true gooner View Post
    I had a thyroid function test last wednesday to rule out any thyroid problems because I never suffered from anxiety till around 2015 or so.

My GP should of done one sooner to rule out any possible abnormalities.
    I never suffered either til that same year and even now I still cant accept sometimes that my symptoms can be caused by anxiety, cos I like to think Im not that anxious. But if I really really think about it, spending most part of my day on Google looking for answers to my symptoms is me being anxious lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information