Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone experience body/body part 'jerks' while awake

Does anyone experience body/body part 'jerks' while awake

Here is a 'for instance'...

You are laying down, watching a movie, or sitting down watching a movie. You are completely still and then your foot moves on its own...or your elbow jerks a little. I know this is not a spasm, or a fasciculation..but rather a myoclonic jerk. What freaks me out is the short...short list of possible explanations of it whilst awake, and all are HORRIBLE..including mad cow disease. When looking at physiological reasons, it mentions anxiety, but then defines it as "tremors, shakes, or spasms". Spasms are painful contractions of muscles, tremors and shakes are self explanatory. I can't find anything saying anxiety or stress causes body jerks or flinches while awake.

Is there anyone here that personally experiences these in any degree while awake? So I can at least convince myself that yes, anxiety CAN cause body jerks..

Re: Does anyone experience body/body part 'jerks' while awake

Bump..

When I was going through the illness with my wife, I was under a tremendous amount of stress and yes, I had twitches, jerks and all sorts of stress related symptoms. They resolved as things calmed down.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Everyone says they experience bobbing/rocking with anxiety,..

then why does Google say anxiety can't cause vertigo?

I have those jerks sometimes. It seems to be when I am going through the worst prolonged anxiety.

xBettyx

Re: Everyone says they experience bobbing/rocking with anxiety,..

Vertigo (dizziness) is an actual illness no doubt. Common causes are inner ear infections and other treatable or benign reasons. If you actually have it, then anxiety will make it worse. Only a medical professional can determine that.

That being said, in one of your posts that you felt your body rocking or swaying. We're living beings, we literally pulsate with life. There's energy and movement involved. We sway, rock, twitch jerk etc. because of that very reason. Most people just aren't cognizant of it. Then there's someone with anxiety who is hyper-focusing on all those normal living things the body does and here you are.

I can say quite confidently that anyone, with enough focus, would feel the exact same thing. The difference is we just don't do that.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 21-08-17 at 02:01.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I get them quite often even without anxiety...they're just part of what makes up our nervous system. An exhausted nervous system can result in all manner of weird and random symptoms. We've all been there.

Cath S

Re: Everyone says they experience bobbing/rocking with anxiety,..

Vertigo is different from the dizziness you get with anxiety. Vertigo is usually caused by inner ear problems. Anxiety causes dizziness. I get very anxious about dizziness to the point where I get dizzy thinking about dizziness. I get anxious about situations that make ne dizzy like for example being on a swing, then even seeing a swing can make me dizzy. That's the power of the anxious mind! When you read that anxiety doesn't cause vertigo, it's the same as reading that anxiety doesn't causr heart attacks, but it does cause the same symptoms of chest pain, palpitations, shortness of breath etc if that makes sense?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

You're not alone, I've been having these for a while and it's coming from anxiety or stress or even muscle fatigue lol. But these are normal to me, sometimes irritating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information