Thread: Anemic Low Iron, heart beats and frustration

Anemic Low Iron, heart beats and frustration

OK so been feeling very very tired and off the past few weeks I went to the doctors and they sent me for bloods and it has come back low iron so now on iron tablets.
    Thing is I am now over thinking and looking into why I have low iron and all I can think is I'm internally bleeding.
    I have never suffered fro low iRon and now all of a sudder it's low and I'm exhausted all the time.
    I have been suffering more and more with blurred vision and palpitations but I've been told numerous occasions 's that I'm not having a heart attack and yes I do get irregular beats but they aren't going to harm me but still it scares me. I'm so tired of being so.in tune with my body just want to ignore all the odd sensations and get on with my life grrrrr

Re: Anemic Low Iron, heart beats and frustration

I also have iron deficiency anaemia and I totally get your frustrations at feeling ill with it, especially the fatigue. They looked for internal bleeding with me as I don't have heavy periods but I know another cause is not getting enough iron through your diet or your body not being able to absorb iron. Is your GP sending you for tests at the hospital to follow-up on the possibility of internal bleeding?

Iron deficiency anemia sucks. I have had it too. It does not mean you are bleeding internally. Especially since you are a woman I assume you have cycles? That and poor diet is the biggest cause of Iron Deficient anemia!

no they aren't sending for further tests just another blood test is November. It's the palpitations that are worse and dizziness

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbrenda2012 View Post
    no they aren't sending for further tests just another blood test is November. It's the palpitations that are worse and dizziness
    Have they given you no idea as to what they think is causing it? I would imagine that they should be following it up. Of course, I can only speak from my own experience which was a blood test where the anaemia was picked up (Mon) to another blood test (on the Friday) to the results coming back the following week and me being sent to the hospital on an urgent two-week referral - colonoscopy, gastroscopy and CT scan done so far but finding no obvious cause of the internal bleeding they think I have.

Maybe your iron levels are not as low as mine were, I don't know but I think you can rest assured that the iron tablets did help me at least (although it took several weeks before I felt significantly better).

I think it is definitely worth you going back to your GP and asking them to look into why your iron is low. If they don't know the cause, how are they going to stop it from happening again in future?

Thread Information