Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabies fear: How to deal with it?

Re: I heard a chirping sound when I was pulling weeds in my garden

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    Also bats will try to go out of their way to avoid you, they don't swoop in and attack or bite for no reason, I used to have 20 acres and had horses and cows and bats were flying around everywhere, had one land on my shirt, never bit me, it sat there for a moment and then flew off, would go into the barn to feed the horses and the bats would be hanging upside down from the beams, never even came down, they fluttered a bit, but yeah, you really have nothing to worry about, hope you haven't been watching to many shows with bats where they swoop down and get tangled in hair and try to bite, that is just nonsense.
    Holy crud, that gave me a heart attack. I would DIE omg I would DIE, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    Also bats will try to go out of their way to avoid you, they don't swoop in and attack or bite for no reason, I used to have 20 acres and had horses and cows and bats were flying around everywhere, had one land on my shirt, never bit me, it sat there for a moment and then flew off, would go into the barn to feed the horses and the bats would be hanging upside down from the beams, never even came down, they fluttered a bit, but yeah, you really have nothing to worry about, hope you haven't been watching to many shows with bats where they swoop down and get tangled in hair and try to bite, that is just nonsense.
    That sounds great! Maybe it landed on you and was wondering what on earth this big thing was and why it's not on the ground...until it realised you were. Either that or perhaps you had a big juicy moth on you

I've been in bat houses, one with a tunnel in that you walk through too. They do buzz you but that's about it and only because they were flying through a low tunnel, the rest of the time they are higher up.

I see them at then local park if I go when it's going dark as they are feeding on insects over the lake but they are still higher than head height when around you.

Their echolocation is excellent at stopping them bashing into objects so they won't want to land on what could be an enormous predator like us unless by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by NervousSubject View Post
    I didn't see anything other than bugs
    Crickets "chirp".

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm with Terry and his bats - I adore them. I go on bat walks to find them, and have a bat echo locator. I've held a couple (with gloves) and as it happens have threee round the garden at the moment. They are the most amazing creatures and its good to see them around, as they are a sign of a healthy environment - the moths are the first sign, and then the bats come.

I wonder that too, Terry, if he or she was wondering what I was, yes they are amazing about how the can use echo location.

Rabies fear starting up again

Sometime last month, when I was mowing my lawn, I grabbed the lawnmower bag in my shed and I felt something sharp poke my finger. At first I got scared but then I managed to rationalise that a blade of sharp grass or a twig that was poking out of the bag might have pricked my finger...

But today, I've started to feel a bit "off" and I'm worried that I was wrong and that I did get bitten and these are the beginning signs and I'm gonna die soon :(

Yes I do know this is yet another "invisible bat" thread but I'm seriously really worried right now.

Re: Rabies fear starting up again

I reckon five years out from you believed it might be rabies, you wouldn't be posting about it in an anxiety forum. You'd have gone to hospital. You know it's not rabies.

Well, you know it's not a bat as you clearly indicate and the issue is dealing with how you think & feel right now.

So, what strategies can you think of that are positive/neutral?

Quote Originally Posted by NervousSubject View Post
    Sometime last month, when I was mowing my lawn, I grabbed the lawnmower bag in my shed and I felt something sharp poke my finger. At first I got scared but then I managed to rationalise that a blade of sharp grass or a twig that was poking out of the bag might have pricked my finger...

But today, I've started to feel a bit "off" and I'm worried that I was wrong and that I did get bitten and these are the beginning signs and I'm gonna die soon :(

Yes I do know this is yet another "invisible bat" thread but I'm seriously really worried right now.
    What are you doing to treat your anxiety? You know deep down that this is not rational I hope?

Meanwhile, you should stick to your original rational explenation. I feel "off" today aswell, but I dont have rabies.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    What are you doing to treat your anxiety? You know deep down that this is not rational I hope?

Meanwhile, you should stick to your original rational explenation. I feel "off" today aswell, but I dont have rabies.
    Totally agree with your comments as there is no other explanation ATB

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information