Thread: Joint/Muscle Pain

Joint/Muscle Pain

Hello all,

Everything was fine up until a few weeks ago. I was even going to the gym. Out of nowhere (not gym injury) my right knee started to hurt when kneeling and squatting down. My doctor referred me to the physio. I wasn't too worried however as my doctor said it could be patellofemoral pain.

Around 3 weeks ago I picked up a carpet burn on my arm which took longer than usual to heal. That started to get me worried. Then as of last week my right elbow has been hurting when putting weight on it. Also my left wrist/hand is painful when putting weight on it or bending it back. The pain doesn't seem to be healing.

I've no history of muscle/joint problems so it's starting to worry me where all these symptoms are coming from. I did the worst thing which was to google them and the fear of arthritis and lupus is now embedded into my head. I'm 23, fairly active male and have never smoked or drunk alcohol in my life. Thinking to get a blood test done. What do you all think?

Many thanks as always to the great people on this forum.

Re: Joint/Muscle Pain

Do autoimmune issues run in your family? Even if they do, the likelihood you have one is minimal, being that you are a man. I'd have my gp do a physical, it wouldn't hurt, just to ease your mind. I hope you get relief soon!

Thread Information