Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dental phobia

Re: dental phobia

Well done Alexis, you are so brave, i have just cancelled my check up for friday as i dread him telling me i may need treatment. I suffer from a tight throat and can't stand the feeling when my throat goes numb and worry that i will choke, but it is encouraging to hear one of us has done it and lived to tell the tale.

Jacq x

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

I have Dental Phobia too. I'm not really scared of the work itself, just scared of panicking while he is doing the work in my mouth! It makes me feel so trapped! If I know I have a dentist appointment, I get in such a state that I can't sleep the night before and I'm actually sick, so my Dad makes me secret appointments and just turns up on the day to take me. I still panic in the car park, and cry like a baby but at least I can do it that way, lol! I always feel really pleased with myself afterwards as it's such a big achievement for me.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Hi, I was going to thank you all individually for support etc, I thought I would just say, THANK YOU TO YOU ALL AS A GROUP, it reallly is appreciated.
    Im not sure how many of you know my circumstances, but I dont go out much unless I have the car or a family/friend member with me. I have not been into my local town alone for approx 14months,due to an issue other than anxiety.
    I suffer with a very fast heart, lump in the throat, and have taken myself off all meds and help.
    I have a lovely understanding dentist, I had all my top teeth except for front 6 out, in 2 sessions, then he was ill so I walked around with 6 in for long enough, then final 6 came out and false ones in immediately.
    I wish I had not put off appointments and treatment, but this would still have happened.
    As I said my fear was false teeth more than dentists,ALTHOUGH I had a problem with dentists too,,,I knew i had to face things, I had to be strong and JFDI,I did it, Im still here to tell, even if my mouth is full of ulcers and sores.
    I went alone for extraction,
    i was hoping a fairy would appear, but sadly never.
    thanks to you all once again for your help and support, I still need it!!

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

Alexis - I think you have been a real star over this *!!!!

I'm in awe of you managing it all by yourself - well done hun, massive well done!!

I hope the new teeth look good - I remember a friend of the family doing it years ago and how wonderful his new teeth looked, it completely transformed him.

I hope you're keeping well otherwise mate??

All the best.

Pig xx

Hi Piglet, many thanks, teeth look good but sadly dont fit so Im struggling at the moment, go back on Thursday, lets hope he can perform miracles in the chair and make them fit and rid me of all ulcers etc.
    I hope you are OK, maybe catch up sometime msn(although i very rarely go on now), will fill you in on all then, take care.xxx

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information