Thread: Terrible palpitations in night, are they just in my dream?

Terrible palpitations in night, are they just in my dream?

Hi,

If you have seen my previous posts you will see that for the last few months I have had extreme health anxiety surrounding my heart and heart palpitations.

Anyway, for the past week every night whilst I'm asleep I've been feeling these terrible palpitations, to the point where it feels like my heart isn't even beating just vibrating/quivering, im terrified it's VF or VT.

My mum is telling me it is just in my dream because all my energy during the day is spent thinking about my heart, I want to believe her but it just feels SO REAL.

Could this possibly just be a dream?

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

Anyone?

Re: Terrible palpitations in night, are they just in my dream?

scared, it's really common for people to manifest their fears and worries in sleep and dreams. When I really couldn't get past my heart fears, I did some hypnotherapy sessions that helped me to stop focusing on it so much and see that it's beating to keep me alive.

I feel your pain, my anxiety has also been focused around my heart and I often wake up covered in sweat with my heart pounding or having palpitations so I know how scary these things are.

If you had VT you most certainly would know about it. You'd be passing out and basically very very ill and likely in hospital.

VF is a type of cardiac arrest so if you had that you wouldn't be on a forum posting about it.

I can also definitely recommend hypnotherapy. I've had one session and feel completely different when it comes to my heart. Definitely something to look into. Are you having any counselling for your issues? If not you should speak to your GP about getting therapy, though waiting for the NHS service is maddeningly slow. Take each day as it comes and try to stay calm!

Thank you both for replying!

So it is possible for me to FEEL like these scary palpitations are happening in my dreams without them actually happening?

My gp has been really helpful but been waiting for therapy for months now, had an assestment last week but they said it would be another 12 weeks until they get back in touch. I'm at a loss of what to do, I've just turned 19, up until a few months ago I loved my life, but these heart worries have stopped me doing so much, I've even had to drop out of university for this upcoming year because of it.

I will definitely try hypnotherapy!

????

I couldn't answer your question to be quite honest. I don't know whether It is or isn't possible. I know the mind is a very powerful thing but certainly couldn't say yes or no. Think about it logically, are you a particularly vivid dreamer? Check your pulse when you next wake up and observe what is happening. Don't panic, just observe and accept what's happening at that time. If nothing else you will get a better sense of what is happening. If your GP thinks you're fine then you need to listen to them and trust their opinion.

Hopefully you find some peace and get back to uni as soon as possible. Let us know how the hypnotherapy goes for you!
    Last edited by SolidSteak; 21-08-17 at 21:26. Reason: Grammar

I really really hope it was just a dream, as if it was real, it will have been the strangest and most significant palpitation I have ever had, as I said it felt like it was quivering in a strange rhythm rather than beating.

I will let u know how I get on, thanks once again.

Thread Information