Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blurred vision

Blurred vision

Hi

Over the past few weeks I have noticed that from time to time the corners/peripheral of my vision go really blurry/wavy for a few seconds. It doesn't go dark or anything, just really blurry.

I have had my eyes checked out and they're all fine and my vision is usually great. Starting to worry about what this might be, have a huge heart fear and scared it's something to do with that e.g. My heart isn't pumping enough blood to my eyes.

Any input would be great thanks

Blurred vision

Isn't it strange how our fears make us assume certain things, I obsess over cancer and have had this and swear blind (pun bad but still intended) that it's a brain tumour or the like - obviously this was not the case but yes I've experienced it too with no other problems with my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Midnight-mouse; 22-08-17 at 20:44.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Re: Blurred vision

Thanks for replying! It is strange how our anxiety makes us believe everything is linked.. I can see I am being irrational but at the same time I do believe it's something terrible, ahhh it's a vicious cycle lol.

Quote Originally Posted by scared1998 View Post
    Thanks for replying! It is strange how our anxiety makes us believe everything is linked.. I can see I am being irrational but at the same time I do believe it's something terrible, ahhh it's a vicious cycle lol.

At least you are able to see that there is irrational thought. It is hard to separate one from the other, but your doing great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Blurred vision

Does anyone ever get sudden blurred vision?

For the past month or so I have been experiencing sudden blurred/wavy vision in my peripheral vision for a few seconds to a few minutes at most. It seems to be worse when in light/bright environments. Also sometimes when I look at a light there is a halo/glare around it. I'm really worried.

I have a huge heart fear and I am scared these symptoms are caused by my heart not pumping enough blood to my eyes.

Been to the opticians, everything was fine, although I wasn't experiencing symptoms at the time I went.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

I get this a lot. It is def worse for me in light/bright environments. Strip lights are the worst - do you find that? But bright daylight is bad too. This tells me that it's nothing sinister though, as logically there is no reason why it should be worse in bright light and then go away when I go somewhere less bright (this is what I tell myself when it's happening). Today for example I got it in the supermarket (I ALWAYS get it in there) and then it stopped as soon as I left and went outside (no sun - it's Glasgow I often walk about in sunglasses as it seems to stop this from happening. Am seriously thinking of getting non-prescription transition lenses in glasses so I can wear them under strip lights, etc. indoors without looking suspiciously like a shoplifter or giant **** wandering about in my shades all the time!

Anyway, just to say that I get this too a lot with anxiety but I don't worry that it's anything more than that any more. Though it is a pain and I'm aware of it more than I'd like.

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

ooh, it bleeped out my swearing (I didn't say anything that bad - promise! lol)

Thanks for replying!

I have attached two images of what I am describing, as sometimes i think it is hard to describe accurately, is it this that you experience?

The second image of the kitchen isn't loading very well sorry.. i blurred the corners to try to imitate what I am experiencing but it hasn't worked very well!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, I have tried to use a different image to imitate what I am experiencing. The text represents my vision and the blurriness is quite close to the scary symptom I have been experiencing :(
    Attached Images Attached Images

You were checked out by a medical professional and all was well. No one can tell you what's going on based on manipulated photo images.

I hope things resolve for you.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information