Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heightened anxiety from new on meds

Re: Heightened anxiety from new on meds

I think it is normal for the first few weeks of a med to have these side effects.
    Although higher doses can affect a person more negatively, too...if it's horrendous, I would talk to your prescribing Dr and see what she says. Maybe you need to taper UP more slowly, or stay on a lower dose.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Better now it was rubbish to start off with I just wake up feeling so anxious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are in the same boat, I stoped the med thinking I was doing good but after a couple off months, I started to have bad anxiety and depression and I decided to start again, I was taking 50 mg before but this time since I was off the med for about 5 months I decided to start with 25mg and even with this lower dose my morning are terrible super hight anxiety and in top Im not sleeping well. I have read that also for second time around the side effect can be worth and take longer for the med to work. Im not going to give up yet because this med work good the first time and so far as far for my depression Im feeling better is just the anxiety part that haven't kick it. Im hoping around 4 weeks to 6 weeks I feel much better if not I would talk to my GP and seek other option. Hang in there remember you are not alone in this battle

My doctor just added a medicine to my Celexa, which was only occasionally helping and i'm super anxious! I feel the same when you do. I'm over analyzing every ache and pain and my thoughts are very irrational. I'm also getting palpitations which I hate.

I know this is an older post but can anyone tell me if this improves or how long to give it? I'm having a horrible time on this med so far after two weeks.

I'm about to be prescribed Sertraline but figure it is the same as Citalopram and Escitalopram, so therefore normal to feel worse before better. I promise your side effects will disappear the more Sertraline enters your system but I am not looking forward to that start up period. Really hope you level out soon xxx

Thanks. I have had moments of feeling much better then much worse again. Is it normal for side effects to go up and down like this? Good luck getting started.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information