Thread: Bad bruising again

Bad bruising again

I had a full blood count done only 4 weeks ago and my ferritin level which is slowly rising, everything was ok with my full blood count the dr said then on friday night I was in the shower and noticed a large bruise on my thigh, its about the size of a tennis ball, its yellow and round. Just outside the bruise I have some purple marks like smaller bruises. 2 weeks ago I also came up with a 10p size yellow bruise on the inside of my arm.

Both of these I do not recall doing to myself, I have no idea how the one on my leg appeared but of course I am being abit paranoid now about leaukemia or something. I have a raised gland behind my ear but I do have glue ear which im waiting to get sorted by the ENT surgeon so I guess thats just related to that.

I am abit tired lately but again ive low ferritin levels and 3 young children, exams next week and a house to run.

Am I being silly to think anything bad could be wrong if my bloods were all fine 4 weeks ago? I haven't had large bruises like this in ages, I rarely bruise these days. Its just because I know bruising is a symptom and so are red/purple bruises on the legs or in the mouth (I forget what they are called, something begining with P) of leaukemia I link them with that illness. I am sure though that bruising is a late symptom of leaukemia and they are usually black and all over the body.

I just feel very very tired in the last week and my glands are up abit, very sore.

Someone knock some sense into me, I have alot of revision to get done in the next 7 days, I don't need my anxiety to take over my thoughts

Re: Bad bruising again

Cherry,

I bruise like a peach hun - I've always got one somewhere.

I've been like it for years so I've stopped worrying about it now!!!

Piglet

Hi Cherry

I am another one that bruises easily,i have always to wear long trousers as my legs always seem to be bruised .I also have a large bruise on my thigh and havent a clue how i got it. Sometimes i wonder where they appear from as i can never recall hurting myself. Ive never worried about it though, they just come and go, ive been using Johnsons fake tan on my legs lately, im hoping to get my shorts on this summer.

Hugs

Andrea
    xxxxx
    Last edited by honeybee3939; 04-06-07 at 12:29.

Thank you both,

Very reassuring to know im not the only peach around here;-)

Thread Information