Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terrified and Scared about Rabies

Re: Terrified and Scared about Rabies

Quote Originally Posted by golddustgirl1000 View Post
    Paranoid Viking..

Did you have what looked like a bit or subtle symptoms when you went through your scare?
    When this all started I had two spots on my foot side by side- they measured 1.2 cm in distance...and sometimes my mind goes back to that...they are mostly faded and gone now but still slightly there.

Also- did you have symptoms? "Tingling/ weird sensations" around where you thought bite was? Spasms randomly, a tight throat? Fatigue? Pains in the throat... scratchy throat, or no...?

I'm honestly just curious of your experience...

I had ALL of them and more than you can ever imagine. I also got the feeling that "OMG now I am scared of water" and a false feeling of being unable to swallow - when the mind convince you something is wrong you get the feeling something is wrong.
    Spasms randomly often happens as a result of anxiety; like twitching in the eye lid. And tight throat? That is a MAJOR anxiety symptom.

But it was 14 years ago; it all felt very real; but it was all in my head and the brain produces a lot of "symptoms". Again, if you had rabies you would not be able to sit and write all this on a message foru,. You should read the thread by LavenderRain from last year; there you see how far it can go into making yourself believe you are dying of rabies. She came to her sense in the end but i recommend you read it. Unfortunately I dod not made a diary back in 2003 of my experience but that thread may be very helpful.

Yes, I actually did read through hers.... it was a lot lol.. I watched the whole thing..

See I go in and out.. one day I worry a lot, one day its not as much.. it never inhibits me from going out and socializing... but it does take over my mind and distract.

I do agree that I wouldn't be able to sit and type ... but I think what my mind thinks is.. uh oh this is the beginning... like the tingling/prickling feeling which is now in my arms is "it spreading" or beginning stages... thats what my mind tries to reason.. :/

I do have sinus issues, so I know that this can contribute to all kinds of weird/pressure feelings in my face... it's just hard to not go back to that kind of thinking when symptoms come up... they typically are worse at night, I get very fatgued.. :/

I do agree with you, live is too short, and it is stupid... but unfortunately the irrational part of my mind is in high gear right now.. and I know that.. I'm doing everything to stop it, but it can only be hindered so much!

One thing that helped me when I had a rabies panic was just realizing- BRAVO rabies virus! If all of those ridiculous scenarios- in my case, raccoon saliva being left in my car (don't ask), virus jumping from steering wheel to open cut, traveling unnoticed in my blood stream all the way to my brain, and causing like one of the rarest of the rare causes of death in the modern world, well, then I just had to pat rabies on the back for its moxie.

That kind of snapped me out my fear and made me realize it's actually pretty hard to kill a human being! We are hearty as all get out and absolutely EVERYWHERE. WE dominate over Earth (and I'm not saying this is a good thing) and a virus really does have an extraordinary uphill battle for survival.

And, yes, it is the law of nature that if you fear a disease, you will immediately be stricken with its symptoms. It happens every time. At least you are armed with information and can explain to a health care professional if the symptoms got bad, and out of the realm of normal sickness.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Rabies is the worst, but you really don't have it, esp without a real exposure.

I know... when you say it that way it really does seem like a movie.

I think the thread that keeps hanging on for me is I read a story of a bat getting into someones bed, they had screens on every window, no holes and no animals..

So now because I woke up in the middle of the night almost 4 weeks ago now.. feeling like something bit me...

and having two spots next to each other.. its hard for me to not remember the story of that woman with the bat in her bed

What I see is your anxiety, despite hanging over a cliff with only one finger, is hanging on with every shred of strength is has over you.

As with EVERY rabies fear thread I've ever read here, the level of pure fiction is absolutely astounding.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

yes... I know.. I'm trying my best.. its just doubly hard in the moments when I don't feel well

Feeling a little better today- but feeling tingling/ pin prick like sensations in arms and feet on one side... is this a symptom of anxiety?

Feeling a little better today- but feeling tingling/ pin prick like sensations in arms and feet on one side... is this a symptom of anxiety?
    Have a read of the symptoms article on the main site and then come back to this question and tell us what you now think. It's crucial to getting past all this that you understand and accept what can be anxiety. The more you challenge your thoughts & behaviours, accept triggers, etc the more you escape axniety over time as your subconscious will learn from seeing your not respond with fear to what it throws at you.

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

I know... when you say it that way it really does seem like a movie.

I think the thread that keeps hanging on for me is I read a story of a bat getting into someones bed, they had screens on every window, no holes and no animals..

So now because I woke up in the middle of the night almost 4 weeks ago now.. feeling like something bit me...

and having two spots next to each other.. its hard for me to not remember the story of that woman with the bat in her bed
    There is always the rare & weird out there. But why do they bother HAers, in the case of health, and not others? Through recovery work you can read that story and think "oh well, things happen as life comes with only one guarantee (and taxes ) but anyway back on with the X, Y, Z I was doing".

I can remember having intrusive thoughts when I was out walking about acid attacks. They would come as I came to a concealed corner. but why would some random stranger do it to me? Yet there have been cases of wrong identity in acid attacks (poor people, and anyone who experiences something so terrible) so my subconscious can always say "ah, but what about that guy that opened his front door and was attacked because the numpties got the wrong address?".

So, why would a bat purposely fly in and buit someone? Bat like chomping down on fruit or moths.

Funnily enough 2ome forms of therapy work to reprocess memories via film methods. It helps you reframe your feelings & thoughts. PTSD, for instance.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

See I go in and out.. one day I worry a lot, one day its not as much.. it never inhibits me from going out and socializing... but it does take over my mind and distract.
    Isn't that the bigest clue to this being anxiety? If you thought you had a life threatening illness, would you worry less some days or would you be chasin for a diagnosis?

I do agree that I wouldn't be able to sit and type ... but I think what my mind thinks is.. uh oh this is the beginning... like the tingling/prickling feeling which is now in my arms is "it spreading" or beginning stages... thats what my mind tries to reason.. :/
    Trigger>subconscious thought>conscious thought>panic.

One is just incoming date.

Two is something you can only change through the subconscious learning the conscious mind doesn't core i.e. change core beleiefs.

Three you have more control of and can work on with an aim towards changing two and lessening the impact of one (but it's hard and there are always many wobbles as well as negative thoughts piggybacking your efforts to be positive/neutral).

And four will change as you get more of a grip on three and start to influence two.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NervUs View Post
    WE dominate over Earth
    Yeah, but bloody lions never listen to common sense.

I did some internet checking on rabies, I read that you have more of a chance catching leprosy then rabies. If you had a bat in your house you would have known it.. Get these thoughts out of your head and enjoy life. Focus on what is in front of you, push the past back to where it belongs and life in the moment.

Here I'll tell you my story.
    Last Friday I woke up to a rash on my neck my I,stang thought was a bat and rabies.
    Monday I went to the doctor all freaked out.
    That's not a bite at all. That's shingles.
    Shingles... But... No it's shingles.
    I still didn't Belo e him tore my whole house apart.
    Looked for every hole crack anything. I found rat poop.
    But but bat poop... Still looked went into the attac crawl spaces. No bats nor bat poop.
    Panicked some more then looked for any entry into my house... Nothing...
    Anxiety makes everything very difficult and co,plenty illogical.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information