Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflections of the multimple rabies threads

Re: Reflections of the multimple rabies threads

You could put it in the Success Stories, I guess? It will get buried on this board within days...but probably not read on the positive boards.

I doubt Admin want to fill the board with stickies. Maybe post on the end of other stickies that are relevant? The theme really doesn't matter anyway, it's the thinking behind it that does and I think there are some stickies for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You could put it in the Success Stories, I guess? It will get buried on this board within days...but probably not read on the positive boards.

I

Yeah, question is: how many actually read the positive boards and sucsess stories? Just like the media, people are flocking around fear and horror.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    Yeah, question is: how many actually read the positive boards and sucsess stories? Just like the media, people are flocking around fear and horror.
    I would say a very small % of those on the HA board are seen anywhere else except Symptoms. I can only base that on my experience of reading across all the boards, I rarely see them posting anywhere else. I've always regarded the HA board as a "forum within a forum".

EDIT: It's a pity they don't add a scroll bar to the sticky section then you guys could add many more in and it wouldn't cause any screen clogging issues. Why not ask?
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 24-09-17 at 05:42.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I think it should be, "The Invisible Bat Strikes Again!"
    I don't mean to be cruel but your statement, the invisible bat strikes again made me chuckle. I don't have health anxiety but I almost started thinking about if from reading these posts. I stopped. I have friends with real life physical problems and people here sit around and examine their poo or freak over a freckle this is beyond me. If you can get out bed by yourself in the morning, feed yourself, take a shower, take care of your family you are blessed. Don't waste a precious moment of your life wondering if you have cancer or some other deadly disease. Live life! The tests were normal! Just my two cents, I don't want to upset anyone.

The invisible bat has bitten many a poster on here and AZ.
    lol @ invisible bat.

I'm no psych but of all the ridiculous health fears I have had or read about here being bitten by a phantom bat and developing rabies is probably the most ridiculous.

LOL...yeah. It may be insensitive, but the rabies threads make me think of the tabloids with "Bat Boy". You remember those?

LOL...yeah. It may be insensitive, but the rabies threads make me think of the tabloids with "Bat Boy". You remember those?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    lol @ invisible bat.

I'm no psych but of all the ridiculous health fears I have had or read about here being bitten by a phantom bat and developing rabies is probably the most ridiculous.
    The rabies fears are riddicilous; I totally agree with that, but it is not THE MOST riddicilous, albeit very close. The most riddicilous are the ones making posts about how they fear....listen ti this....BRAIN EATING AMOEBAS! I know one should not laugh at peoples fear, but I am just human and I could not help but laughing out loud that people can actually fear such things. Apparently there are one such brain eating amoebas that has bitten 10 people worldwide or something. But....COME ON....

---------- Post added at 15:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

No, what was that? Please tell us.

Bat Boy. Lol

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

Maybe he's the reason everyone gets bitten but doesn't remember it happening lol. It's a conspiracy!

Bat Boy. Lol

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

Maybe he's the reason everyone gets bitten but doesn't remember it happening lol. It's a conspiracy!

Never heard about it, but that must be because it was only n the US, never heard that story here, lol

Sounds like something that could be an April Fools joke in the media. But I think we had a version of Weekly World News in Norway at that time period entitled En gal gal verden,which means "A Mad Mad World". I remember that magazine and those crazy stories in it, but I dont remember excactly the bat boy story.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information