Thread: Im in trouble again

Im in trouble again

I'm going to keep this short as possible as I'm at work.

But I have issues with attention, I don't know if it's related to my anxieties and stress or what, but i do, and it's an issue.

Already once at my new job have i miss typed a price for a product. Luckily it was resolved and we didn't sell the product. But I had some very concerned looks come my way.

I've done it again. The item has sold and has been paid for. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say to my boss. I'm panicking and he's due in any minute. I don't know whether to raise it straight away, wait til he says something or just leg it out the office and never come back.

Initiate major panic mode.

Re: Im in trouble again

It's best to bring it to their attention. At this point it's just an honest mistake. If you don't and they see it they may see it as a competence issue or you being unwilling to own up to it, depending on the kind of work.

Two mistakes doesn't seem like much. Business are insured to cover them against the things that go wrong.

Are these big ticket items? What does the business stand to lose?

Hi Jon if you let your boss know that you have MH conditions some can be very understanding/supportive I have sometimes very bad sleep last night was one of them, phoned my supervisor who was extremely understanding (the previous one wasn't as much) So have word with your boss/supervisor and I am sure everything will be fine! A employer has to take in to consideration if you do have some disability Mental or other wise that could effect you at work. So try not to worry mate Cheers

I've managed to calm down a bit now since talking to my partner about it. It helps.

I'm really glad I'm alone in the office this morning, the quiet really helps when battling through things in my head.

Sadly, it was a colleague who spotted it first and sent me an email about it. Luckily he was able to cancel the order so no money has been lost. I would imagine a very small reputation hit.

We sell tools and such through ebay/amazon/web store and it's my job to list them. I'm sure the boss will have something to say when he gets in.

I know i will have to take more care when checking the details before submitting, but that's easier said than done. I get very easily bored/distracted and checking details is one of those things that I feel i can just skip past. Yeah, I might start checking for the next few hours, but after that i will revert back to forgetting or feeling like I have it all correct and i don't need to check.

God damn myself. I hate the way I am

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi Jon if you let your boss know that you have MH conditions some can be very understanding/supportive I have sometimes very bad sleep last night was one of them, phoned my supervisor who was extremely understanding (the previous one wasn't as much) So have word with your boss/supervisor and I am sure everything will be fine! A employer has to take in to consideration if you do have some disability Mental or other wise that could effect you at work. So try not to worry mate Cheers
    I always worry that they will see me as unfit for the role I'm in though. I was 'let go' from my last job because of the issues I have. They called it a 'competency issue'. It's not the first job i've left because of it.

Thread Information