Thread: High blood protein

High blood protein

I went to the doctor today to get some blood work results. Everything was fine except my blood protein was elevated. He didn't seem concerned and said it could be due to an infection or even arthritis.

I have to get it re-tested in a few weeks.
    I came home and decided to google it to see if there was a way to bring this number down. That was a mistake because the first thing it said was multiple myoma (or something along that line, which is essentially cancer).

Now I'm feeling really nervous about this because it said the first thing that is noticed in that kind of cancer is high proteins during routine blood testing. No other symptoms are often present.

Anyone else have this happen?

Re: High blood protein

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_82 View Post
    Anyone else have this happen?
    Everyone here has gotten a test result where some number was off a bit. And everyone here was told it wasn't a concern and everyone here has then gone to Dr. Google and scared the pee out of themselves

Take the real life medical professional's word and go back in a couple of weeks. Chances are VERY all will be back fine.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Everyone here has gotten a test result where some number was off a bit. And everyone here was told it wasn't a concern and everyone here has then gone to Dr. Google and scared the pee out of themselves

Take the real life medical professional's word and go back in a couple of weeks. Chances are VERY all will be back fine.

Positive thoughts
    Dang google. All I wanted to know was if there was a certain food or vitamin to help lower it haha. I wasn't even really concerned until I read that, but you're right - it's probably nothing.

In the last year I've had test after test, after blood work, ultra sounds, X-rays, etc. They seem to find something every time I go to the doctor and it's really annoying. The positive news is that it's always been something minor like ovarian cyst or gallstones.

Because I've gone through so many tests and the results were never serious it's lowered my health anxiety, but sometimes it still gets the best of me.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_82 View Post
    Dang google. All I wanted to know was if there was a certain food or vitamin to help lower it haha. I wasn't even really concerned until I read that, but you're right - it's probably nothing.

In the last year I've had test after test, after blood work, ultra sounds, X-rays, etc. They seem to find something every time I go to the doctor and it's really annoying. The positive news is that it's always been something minor like ovarian cyst or gallstones.

Because I've gone through so many tests and the results were never serious it's lowered my health anxiety, but sometimes it still gets the best of me.
    That's a very honest post. Every time I have blood tests something always comes back abnormal. I just accept that I'm an abnormal person now and get on with it

But of course sometimes anxiety and doubt creep up on you from behind, especially when you innocently check things out on the net.

The Prophet of Doom Dr Google will see you now!

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thread Information