Thread: Terrified I have a blood clot

Terrified I have a blood clot

Hi everyone
    I'm posting here because I literally don't know what to do. I have had cramping and pain in my left leg on and off for a couple of months. It has been particularly bad and uncomfortable the last few days. The location of the pain varies from my calf to my thigh to my groin to the back of my knee etc. I went to the doctor and he had a feel of my leg and sent me for an x ray to rule out arthritis (I'm only 27). He didn't mention blood clots at all but he did feel around my leg. The pain is a mix of dull and throbbing pain and I'm so worried I have a blood clot. I'm obese and a smoker but other than that I don't have any other risk factors.

Can anyone advise/offer some support?

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Anyone?

Re: Terrified I have a blood clot

i wouldn't worry about blood clot, if you had a blood clot your leg would be swollen, red and hot or warm to the touch, if you do not have any of that then rest assured no clot.

Thanks Floridagirl1984 I'm just worried as it's been going on so long and I did the worst thing and googled it....and read some horror stories about people who didn't have swelling or heat and then died....grrr I hate this feeling so much. I worked myself into a right state earlier and ended up throwing up. I wish I could just be normal!

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredbear View Post
    Thanks Floridagirl1984 I'm just worried as it's been going on so long and I did the worst thing and googled it....and read some horror stories about people who didn't have swelling or heat and then died....grrr I hate this feeling so much. I worked myself into a right state earlier and ended up throwing up. I wish I could just be normal!
    oh no, sorry to hear that :( doesn't happen often tho. Goggle is the worst! i wish i never googled anything ever, it has thrown me into a state of now i want to google every symptom, but i try hard not to. The doctors i work with always tell the patient never to google, its never helpful and 90% of these sites have wrong information. But trust in your doctor that they did do a thorough check up on you.

Thank you - I really appreciate you taking the time to reply :-)

anytime

Thread Information