Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing to Sertraline next week. Need reassurance!

Re: Changing to Sertraline next week. Need reassurance!

Hi littleme92,

like you, I was on citalopram, had been on 20mg for some time (years I think) and then went up to 30, which stopped working, and then to 40mg.

The GP switched me to sertraline two years ago. I'll admit it was a slow burner, but when it did work, it worked brilliantly. I am currently on 100mg of sert (had been on 150 for 18 months or so).

Hope that is of help and reassurance!

Quote Originally Posted by little scientist View Post
    Hi littleme92,

like you, I was on citalopram, had been on 20mg for some time (years I think) and then went up to 30, which stopped working, and then to 40mg.

The GP switched me to sertraline two years ago. I'll admit it was a slow burner, but when it did work, it worked brilliantly. I am currently on 100mg of sert (had been on 150 for 18 months or so).

Hope that is of help and reassurance!
    Thanks, that gives me some hope! I saw the doctor this evening because of how bad I have been feeling, and he told me to up the sertraline to 100mg starting tomorrow. I hope this works because I am so exhausted, my anxiety is still there but I feel like I don't have the energy to be anxious or cry anymore. I don't want to face the world when I wake up and I am scared to go to bed at night because it means having to wake up feeling like this tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by littleme92 View Post
    Thanks, that gives me some hope! I saw the doctor this evening because of how bad I have been feeling, and he told me to up the sertraline to 100mg starting tomorrow. I hope this works because I am so exhausted, my anxiety is still there but I feel like I don't have the energy to be anxious or cry anymore. I don't want to face the world when I wake up and I am scared to go to bed at night because it means having to wake up feeling like this tomorrow.
    hey little me, I know exactly how your are feeling, I was like that a few weeks back, the thought of waking up in the morning with that panic feeling filled me with dread, I have been on setraline for about 6 weeks now, and I can feel the difference, but felt worse when I first started taking it, dont get me wrong, I am far from being 100%, but stick with it, we are all in this together, I am trying to get in the mindset that I have anxiety and that it aint gonna do anything to me apart from make me feel not so good sometimes, you will start to feel good again, and you will will have little setbacks, I am having a little set back just now, the anxiety trying to rear it ugly head, but apparently that is all part of the recovery, once you accept you have it and it's not going to harm you then it will get better, but it takes time, when I am at work I am fine, I forget I even have it, it seems to be the weekend with me now that I get a bit edgy and panicky but it comes and goes, but at the start with this bout I was very very much like you are feeling just now.

stick in there

Quote Originally Posted by Brian123 View Post
    hey little me, I know exactly how your are feeling, I was like that a few weeks back, the thought of waking up in the morning with that panic feeling filled me with dread, I have been on setraline for about 6 weeks now, and I can feel the difference, but felt worse when I first started taking it, dont get me wrong, I am far from being 100%, but stick with it, we are all in this together, I am trying to get in the mindset that I have anxiety and that it aint gonna do anything to me apart from make me feel not so good sometimes, you will start to feel good again, and you will will have little setbacks, I am having a little set back just now, the anxiety trying to rear it ugly head, but apparently that is all part of the recovery, once you accept you have it and it's not going to harm you then it will get better, but it takes time, when I am at work I am fine, I forget I even have it, it seems to be the weekend with me now that I get a bit edgy and panicky but it comes and goes, but at the start with this bout I was very very much like you are feeling just now.

stick in there
    Thanks, I am really glad its working for you! The depression is really bad for me atm, I struggle to get out of bed in a morning because I just keep feeling like I don't want to do anything and I feel like I don't really care about anything. Getting through the day is a struggle at the moment. My doctor told me that my mood will start to lift soon so I really hope he's right. He has given me 3 days worth of 2mg diazapam just for this weekend which I think is taking the edge off the anxiety for me. I really hope I start feeling better soon.

Hi LittleMe,

I'm about to change from 45mg (high dose) paroxetine to Sertraline after being on it 20 years. The paroxetine hasn't really worked for ages as I've gone up and down and had real bad bouts of depression which I never had before this year. Sertraline is suppossed to be better for depression because it's activating for energy (hence increased anxiety) and has a greater affect on dopamine for depression. How are you doing on it?

Quote Originally Posted by WackoSirJacko View Post
    Hi LittleMe,

I'm about to change from 45mg (high dose) paroxetine to Sertraline after being on it 20 years. The paroxetine hasn't really worked for ages as I've gone up and down and had real bad bouts of depression which I never had before this year. Sertraline is suppossed to be better for depression because it's activating for energy (hence increased anxiety) and has a greater affect on dopamine for depression. How are you doing on it?
    Hi

I'm still not doing too well to be honest. I am 6 weeks in tomorrow and I'm still very depressed, I have seen the doctor today and he wants me to increase it to 150mg. (I started on 50mg then increased to 100mg after a couple of weeks.) I am really hoping that this increase works because I am struggling with both the anxiety and depression at the moment. Then again I have been told that it can take up to 8 weeks before you see the full effect.

Hi everyone , I am only into my 4th day of taking this tablet and I nearly never took it yesturday ! The side affects have been horrible dizzy nausea etc the dizzy part is the worst as I had labyrinthitis about 6 weeks ago so I have had enough dizzy to last me a life time !
    I think with these tablets from what I keep reading is that we need patience and it’s so difficult as we all know we want some relief from what we are feeling ! I think it will be a bumpy ride but we can do it ! Having a positive attitude tho is difficult but try to think that one day your gonna feel like you again ! That’s what I keep trying to tell myself anyway
    I am finding going back to work very scary as I have been off my work for around 6 weeks ment to start Monday but I think I will force myself to face it as I litrally can’t afford to not go in !
    Good luck with these tablets x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information