Thread: IBS and worries about bloody stool?

IBS and worries about bloody stool?

i have ibs. well feel like, but not exactly fully diagnosed. because there would be days that i am constipated and days that i have diarrhea, an alternating cycle. and they all started this year, starting march 2017. because of my stress and health anxiety.

around march 2017, i first experienced the most sinister symptom i probably ever had: a bloody stool.

before that certain event, i was always straining every bm and not caring the effects of that action.

i remember clearly, i felt something like a sharp glass running through my anal lining (?) is when i got my firsy bloody bm.

of course, as someone with ha, i immediately googled and of course, it said cancer again. like always.

i was very stressed that day and went to the doctor after three days, because i still get the bloody bm.

the doctor performed a digital exam on me and he said didnt feel lumps, although he said that most likely i have hemmies or piles given my age and my family history.

btw, i'm 17 & no family history of bowel ca.

so well. that really didnt comfort me. eh. i was still having bloody bm. the doctor asked for a colonoscopy just to be fully sure i was free from anything sinister and to have a right diagnosis on what caused my bloody bms.

i didnt have the luxury to have a colonoscopy and some doctor friend also told me that i didnt need to have a colonoscopy right away so i set it aside.

the blood in my bms arent super heavy. its usually like a few small drops of blood on the toilet water and is not mixed in with my stools at all.

i think its caused by an anal fissure? and btw, the bloody bms only lasted for 1 and a half week

so there, i eased my mind with that and just brushed off my worries.

fast forward to earlier, aka 6 months after my first bloody bm, my toilet was again, looked kind of a few drops of blood mixed with water? like a really pale red? i'm not sure if my eyes just fooled me or not. i dont use tissue because i have a bidet at home so i really couldnt tell if it was blood or not.

if it's blood, i'm scared it'll be something worse now.

do you know how i can cope with this or do you think i have some sinister disease :( sorry for the lengthy message

Re: IBS and worries about bloody stool?

Hey there!

I've been having the same struggles and all of them were connected to my anxiety. Now I've discovered that i have hemorrhoids. So I am sure that hemorrhoids are the worst thing that could've caused your problems.

Have a lovely day!

Nikx <3

Re: IBS and worries about bloody stool?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikx View Post
    Hey there!

I've been having the same struggles and all of them were connected to my anxiety. Now I've discovered that i have hemorrhoids. So I am sure that hemorrhoids are the worst thing that could've caused your problems.

Have a lovely day!

Nikx <3
    Hi! I apologize :( This was a false alarm post. I didn't know I had my first day of period or menstrual flow that time so the drops of blood surely didn't come from my bum. Ha ha. I hope that wasn't disturbing for you.

And yeah I'm super glad though that the blood didn't come from my bum. I don't think my first and only case (so far!! thankfully!! I've learned how to poo properly like not strain and eat healthily!) of a bloody bm was due to hemorrhoids though. It's probably due to fissure because I recall having piercing pain every time I had a bm back then.

Thank you for replying to my thread Nikx! It means a lot You too, have a lovely day ahead.

Thread Information